Thread: JPL shuttle

MTB SOCAL

JPL shuttle

From time to time, I see bikers returning to their cars at JPL from a shuttled ride. Apparently there is a scheduled time for meeting for these rides - does anyone know the time. I assume it's pretty early Sat and Sun mornings. Are there any shuttles this weekend? If my friends and I leave a car at JPL and drive to Red Box, how long would the ride back to JPL take? Thanks in advance for any info.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    From time to time, I see bikers returning to their cars at JPL from a shuttled ride. Apparently there is a scheduled time for meeting for these rides - does anyone know the time. I assume it's pretty early Sat and Sun mornings. Are there any shuttles this weekend? If my friends and I leave a car at JPL and drive to Red Box, how long would the ride back to JPL take? Thanks in advance for any info.
    Last time I checked, Angeles Crest was closed to Red Box. Anybody know when it'll be open? (for my roadie rides or going to Chilao, not like i'd shuttle ever )
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

MTB SOCAL

Thanks

I tried to lookup road info at Caltrans' website, but it was not clear if Angeles Crest Highway was open or not. There are affparently sections closed for construction Fri-Sat and an area closed for mudslide. But, I'm not sure exactly where the closure is. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Lindsay

From what I hear...

Hey trying calling this shop and get more information. I heard a guy name cruz is pretty active w/ the shuttlers... Have fun!

Bicycle Station

(323) 256-0703

Address:
    6433 N Figueroa St
    Los Angeles, CA 90042

Cross Street:Between Meridian St and Hamlet St

mtbr member

are you on a big hit bike

I've never shuttled it. Always ridden up to Red Box.
    We always try to get there pretty early so as not to get run down.
    A 26lbs 4" in the rear, 5" in the front.

mtbr member

Angeles Crest is open up to Mt Wilson

So you could do the Redbox JPL shuttle. I had head that from Switzer on though was thrashed. We did Vista to some little campground today and then did a short shuttle from Redbox to Switzer and it was in great condition. If anyone has done Redbox to JPL, I'd like to know what kind of shape its in.

Thanks

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Angeles Crest Highway is open through the Mt. Wilson Rd., also known as Red Box. Angeles Crest is closed just past that. Backside (Sturdevant) is thrashed; please don't ride this trail. Cruz doesn't operate a shuttle service anymore. He did it just as a service, and if anybody wanted to pitch in a "tip" for him, that was completely legal, but ANF hassled him until he stopped. Now, pretty much you can just show up around dawn and get a ride up with people. Offering to pitch in some money is VERY helpful in getting somebody to take you up there.

suspension whore
    front side shuttle open
    remember your bells and be alert for hikers
    lots of hikers on merrils and sunset ridge.