mtbr member

JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) trail closed?

Went there yesterday to go for a bike ride and after going 1/2 mile or so came across a closed fence. Apparently a bridge has collapsed and they had to close it off. How long will this be? Any other trails near by?

Where is my mind?
    I was just out that way a few days ago visiting LA. The local riders told me about the bridge collapse. Never ended up riding it (allergies).
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

JPL trail

Are you talking about the bridge that's wire fenced off? Me and my buddies just went down the side and crossed the stream then went back on the trail. Only the bridge is closed but not the entire trail.

mtbr member
    Thanks, konadude. I thought about doing that, but then there was this "no trespassing" sign with some City of Pasadena code, so I thought the whole trail was off limits. Man, I really wanted to ride that day since I'd not been riding in a long time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I was there last Saturday, and my buddy & I just went around the fence.. **** it

Johny Sokko!
    Dude!

At the fork in the rode about 500yards back, just go right and climb Brown Mtn.

Remember! These are the Gabriels! They are steep mountains, but with some of the best singletrack in So Cal.