Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JensonUSA woes

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

JensonUSA woes

What's up with JensonUSA selling items not in stock without any indication in their website that the item will be back ordered? Happened in my 2 first orders with them.
    What a hassle if you are waiting for a replacement part to get your bike ridable.

This same post did not see the light of day in STR. It was deleted as soon as it was posted. I guess the site filters any negative comments about their sponsors

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mantracker
    What's up with JensonUSA selling items not in stock without any indication in their website that the item will be back ordered? Happened in my 2 first orders with them.
    What a hassle if you are waiting for a replacement part to get your bike ridable.

This same post did not see the light of day in STR. It was deleted as soon as it was posted. I guess the site filters any negative comments about their sponsors
    nothing but positive things to say about Jenson from me.

mtbr member
    STR mods are out of control. About 25% of my post get deleted for some reason or another.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I did have a problem with them and product availability. Also had a problem with price matching (they entered the matched price in wrong) and was not able to order the part. Kept calling and finally got it resolved and all I got for my troubles was a, "We are sorry." I would like to say that even though it took forever and the thing I ordered shipped like 2 weeks after the expected ship date, dealing with them was a pleasant experience and when they said they would have someone call me, that someone did call.

Team Fearless Descender
    I've had that (back order - no up front info) happen to me once from J. I don't order a lot from them, but for the most part I've been happy.

I'd guess you could be right about posts getting pulled that have any negativities towards advertisers on that site [STR]. Again, though, I've been for the most part, happy with the business I've done with Jenson.

My 2c.

{edit to remove my personal feelings about STR and its MODS}
    Last edited by El Salt; 12-15-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I don't order from the websites much if I can help it.
    Jenson has usually been excellent for me including price matching and informing me of stock shortages. Phone ordering has the advantage of dealing with a human. I usually order from them a couple times a year. Used to be more when I was starting out.

AEBike and Pricepoint have also been good although Pricepoint sometimes isn't as personable on the phone and doesn't always price match as well. I've also dealt with Performance, Universal Cycles and Nashbar usually without complaints.

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008
    You have to learn how to read the stock status on the parts to determine if it is in the warehouse or being drop shipped from QBP. It will tell you where the parts are when in your "cart." Just choose "local pickup" and then those parts that are immediately available are the ones in stock in Ontario. I do think that Jenson likes to pretend that they have all of that in stock when in reality they don't but common sense should tell you that there is no way for any retailer to possibly carry all of the parts available out there.

MTB B'dos
    Can't says as I've ever had a problem with this situation with them. If they don't stock it they might have it listed and unavailable, but usually it veyr clearly will state if an item is back ordered and when expected, if not expected date they'll let you sign up for e-mail notifications when it does come in stock AND they'll even notify you if it stays out of stock. if it's being dropped shipped to them from wherever it'll also say that, BUT, only when you've gone through to star processing your order.

Oh and let's not talk about their shiping Fed Ex Intl Priority is basically 3 days from order to my hands way donw here in the Caribbean. Must note I did stop using them when they switched to UPS there for a year or so, cause well simply put UPS down here SUCKS.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2004
    My last Jenson order came in 3 packages but they warned me about parts 'in stock out of state' and parts on backorder and only charged me one shipping price.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have made about 10 purchases from Jenson in the last 12 months, never had a problem with items being in stock. When Im ready to make a purchase i check to see if Jenson has the part in stock via their web site, or if it is questionable I will call and speak with one of the sales rep to confirm availability.
    If not in stock i usually will find them stock at pricepoint, cambria bike or here MTBR
    I will continue making them one of my first choice in buying DH bike parts.

Geritol Power
    Jenson has always performed great for me. The online ordering even gives you the option at checkout whether to send back ordered parts (if any) separately or hold the in stock parts until they have them all available. Price match works fine also. You might need to wait a day if it's Sunday when you make a request. Cheap shipping to San Diego arrives in never more than a day or 2.

All that said, recently I prefer to call North of the Border Bikes first before making a purchase online.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpdriver

yep, it was moved to a CLOSED thread

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Just an Update:
    I was promptly contacted by a JensonUSA staff after seeing this post to settle the issue. So I give them credit for that. I just cancelled my order since it was indeed out of stock. I wish though that they would make the "Out of stock" indicator, if it's actually there, to be more prominent as what other websites normally do.

on the path most traveled
    Especially with a selection like the one Jenson offers, keeping the website in synch with actual inventory levels is no easy task. And perhaps it might be safe to say that the money Jenson saves with its IT department gets passed onto to the customer through bombastic deals such as LX cranks for $99.

mtbr member
    I have placed two orders with Jenson and no probs. They have good deals on stuff sometimes that I can't get cheaper anywhere else.

If you're looking for a specific part call the Path in tustin. They carry just about everything.
    "The most persistent principles of the universe are accident and error." -Frank Herbert

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Never had a problem with Jenson, Pricepoint, or Universalcycles.
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've always had great svc and awesome deals with Jensen.......but they lost two sales on the last two items that I needed (a blackspire stinger and a SS chain-ring) because they didn't have them and I needed them asap so I had to get them someplace else....

Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by mantracker
    Just an Update:
    I was promptly contacted by a JensonUSA staff after seeing this post to settle the issue. So I give them credit for that. I just cancelled my order since it was indeed out of stock. I wish though that they would make the "Out of stock" indicator, if it's actually there, to be more prominent as what other websites normally do.

Your not making a lot of sense.

sent from my rotary phone

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesinoc
    having problems with your reading comprehension? And BTW, it's "You're" not "Your"
    Last edited by mantracker; 12-20-2009 at 03:07 PM.

No known cure
    I've had problems too. Even though I work less than ten miles from the Corona store, my last two will call orders never showed up from Ontario even though my orders both showed that they were waiting for me. Why else would I waste my lunch hour driving over? That and sales tax have caused me to order from Universal and sometimes Speedgoat. Speedgoat has some funky shipping policies though. I tried to order a King headset crush washer, but it would've cost over twelve dollars to ship a part that weighs a gram I ended up making one out of a milk carton instead.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesinoc
    Makes perfect sense to me....

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    I've had problems too. Even though I work less than ten miles from the Corona store, my last two will call orders never showed up from Ontario even though my orders both showed that they were waiting for me. Why else would I waste my lunch hour driving over? That and sales tax have caused me to order from Universal and sometimes Speedgoat. Speedgoat has some funky shipping policies though. I tried to order a King headset crush washer, but it would've cost over twelve dollars to ship a part that weighs a gram I ended up making one out of a milk carton instead.
    SpeedGoat has some of the most expensive shipping charges out there., I think they use their shipping rates as a profit center in their business model. I've called them on it before, stating that their costs are only mere estimates, they need to bill customers for ACTUAL shipping charges. I don't do business with them any more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Only good things to say about Jenson.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I've never had an issue when dealing with Jenson. Excellent service backed up by knowledgeable staff who actually seem to enjoy what they're doing. Rock solid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast