mtbr member

J-drop officially illegal

A ride report here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The Drop

that sign makes no sense - if they are considering this the Backbone Trail - the Backbone IS legal to bikes (Rodgers Ridge section at least) - so it seems somewhat self-contradictory - Rodgers Ridge is clearly open to bikes - so it's odd they posted this - also, with all the trail work that needs to be done, they spent time & money clearing the field in Rustic Cyn and the paved road out? - strange choices...
    "Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result" - Shane MacGowan

Stray Bullet
    I rode that yesterday (10/06) and noticed the sign about a month ago. As long as the sign is at the bottom I'll continue to ride it.

It weird seeing the road cleared and the vegetation gone. Of course whoever was there with a chainsaw left an empty bottle of 2 stroke oil so I took it home with me.

I was the guy you watched fall on that techy climb at Cheseboro today (10/07).

Believer in Darwin
    That trail owes me a rebate!!!!!
    paz afuera

Rocky Mountain High
    I shall swoop down from the mountains and impose my will on this dog track.
    What have I told you about thinking?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint John
    I shall swoop down from the mountains and impose my will on this dog track.
    LOL - ok Ted, when Idaho lets you leave your "cabin" let me know...
    "Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result" - Shane MacGowan

Knomer
    Now that we finally all agree that J-drop is, and always has been illegal, we can move on to more pressing issues. (there was a sign in that very same spot about 6 years ago and it mysteriously disappeared! )

There is only ONE reason why they would re-post that signage AND clear the old roadbed up to Sulli ridge...so the ranger can drive his ass down to the bottom of trail and start making money. We need to keep each other posted if you get a ticket...what day of the week, and what time of day it was. Start charting the trends.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

That's gonna leave a mark
    Since the sign is at the bottom, maybe they just don't want people riding up it...y'know, for safety. They finally figured out that it's a downhill only trail?
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks pacman.

How's that geoladder score?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    There is only ONE reason why they would re-post that signage AND clear the old roadbed up to Sulli ridge...so the ranger can drive his ass down to the bottom of trail and start making money. We need to keep each other posted if you get a ticket...what day of the week, and what time of day it was. Start charting the trends.
    sorry ranger....no sign no ticket
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days