mtbr member

IRC - Blackstar/Sierra Peak/Fremont (Freeks Loop) Ride

A few months ago we added a new ride in the northern Irvine Ranch Wildlands we call the Freeks Loop.

The three rides we've done so far have been filled to capacity with a limit of 20 participants.

It's a fun and challenging ride that takes in Blackstar, Beeks Place, Sierra Peak, and finally the double descents and climbs through Fremont Canyon.....saving the best (or worse) for last.

25 miles with 16 of them pointing up.

It was just posted in the activities calendar for April 6th and fills up fast, so if you would like to have fun on this ride...sign up early!

www.irvineranchwildlands.org/activities

Thanks!

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JamR
    A few months ago we added a new ride in the northern Irvine Ranch Wildlands we call the Freeks Loop.

The three rides we've done so far have been filled to capacity with a limit of 20 participants.

It's a fun and challenging ride that takes in Blackstar, Beeks Place, Sierra Peak, and finally the double descents and climbs through Fremont Canyon.....saving the best (or worse) for last.

25 miles with 16 of them pointing up.

It was just posted in the activities calendar for April 6th and fills up fast, so if you would like to have fun on this ride...sign up early!

www.irvineranchwildlands.org/activities

Thanks!
    If you start and finish in the same place how is it possible to go up more than down?
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    I didn't think that area was open yet. If it is great. Does anyone know if the Santiago truck trail open?
    [SIZE="2"]"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Coach Vince Lombardi [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    If you start and finish in the same place how is it possible to go up more than down?

It's a loop with long ups and short downs.

There is definitly more climbing than descending on this one...but it's a really fun ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by h2owagon
    I didn't think that area was open yet. If it is great. Does anyone know if the Santiago truck trail open?
    STT is still closed.

The area on this ride is open to the public until you reach the upper gate to the Irvine Ranch wildlands at Fremont Canyon.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a great time, but I am taking off on vacation that day with the family. If you guys get a chance, I would appreciate it if you posted directions or a topo picture of the ride. I'll try to hit it on a later date.
    [SIZE="2"]"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Coach Vince Lombardi [/SIZE]