mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Hope Intermediate trails near Walnut/West Co/Diamond Bar?

Hey guys, a friend and I usually ride at Shabarum Park in Rowland Heights, and we've had fun riding the fire roads, but even more fun riding the singletracks that are modified for/by mountain bikers. Despite the amount of fun we've have had, we're looking to test our skills on some new trails hopefully within 10 miles of Walnut/West Covina/Diamond Bar.

Any fellow mountain bikers in the area have any ideas? Thanks in advance for all input!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Head over to Marshal Canyon up by San Dimas....thats always a fun ride. Puddingstone is cool also. Kind of like Schabarum.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Bonelli Park is excellent, Marshall Canyon in La Verne(watch for horses)is fun, and Turnbull Cyn(watch for hikers) in Whittier is a good one as well.
    "save a plant, eat an animal"

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I would suggest to avoid Turnbull Cyn/Beverly on the weekends like the plague. Weekends, especially mornings are packed with hikers. Not saying you couldn't get a pedal in, but all of the single tracks will have human life forms on them. So, if you're looking for a work-out go for it. Looking for speed on any of the single tracks....a bell won't make any difference.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    guess ive been lucky as I dont run into all that many people on the singletrack areas of turnbull. So Id still recommend it.
    Now that I moved to pomona Ive been meaning to hit up marshall and bonelli. Let me know if ya need someone to ride with.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    JOEYCapps - I do Bonelli or Claremont to Marshall loop after work during the week, let me know if you want to do a ride sometime. I'm in La Verne(transplant from Montebello - Turnbull was my home turf)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.

We've gone to Turnbull once and we were kind of Turnedoff by the amount of hikers there as well. Awesome trails though!

I'll have to check out Puddingstone and the others, haven't gone to Puddingstone since I was a kid!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Willbo- rode Bonelli yesterday, saw 3 other bikes and ZERO hikers! Good place to ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NytrostarSS View Post
    JOEYCapps - I do Bonelli or Claremont to Marshall loop after work during the week, let me know if you want to do a ride sometime. I'm in La Verne(transplant from Montebello - Turnbull was my home turf)
    HAHA Im from Montebello originally.

I still work in the OC so I dont get back til dark and I dont have lights. I ride the fully loop in the mornin before work. I'd have to try out the trails up here on the wknd. But ill shoot ya a PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Me and a buddy are gonna ride Bonelli sunday if anyone wants to join

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Joey, what time you riding today? Won't be starting my ride til this afternoon due to having towork today...I'll be out there about 430

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Just seeing people are going to Bonelli today. I was out there this morning. The Park and Ride was packed but not a lot of mountain bikers on the trails. Great day to hit the trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    We rode around 10am. got a lil lost trying to follow a geoladders map lol. ended up about 12 miles. Only one set of bikes and one group of 3 amazingly hot but not very bright ladies. I hit my horn repeatedly and had to stop because they didnt move. Then one girl says " I was wondering what that noise was". I got a good laugh out of it at least.

So we really enjoyed the ride. I plan to go back out there next week to get more familiar with it. Im sure most people arent riding up corkscrew trail cuz that was almost impossible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Marshall Canyon, Monroe Truck Trail, and if you don't mind going a little further than R.H., Chino Hills State Park is pretty good to get your XC on.