mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Intel on SART this weekend?

Hey Guys, was wondering if it would be worth the effort to go up and ride SART considering that there was some snowfall this past week. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    it gets cold up there.... we did a ride up there last year and froze horribly. make sure if you ride it that you have way more gear than you think you might need!
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the info. I'm starting to think that your experience might be the "best case" scenario. The last thing that I want to do is drive a couple of hours to ride in snow or wet conditions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I am in Big Bear this weekend with my bike...too much snow on the ground up here right now and the forecast looks cold. My plan was to try SART on Friday or Saturday. I just hope the weather cooperates. I have always wanted to do that ride.

For those that have done the ride before, are there many technical spots? I want to take my wife and she may flip out if it is super technical. She is a strong rider, but prefers fire roads to single track. The videos I have seen make it look tame.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by JWStratton
    I am in Big Bear this weekend with my bike...too much snow on the ground up here right now and the forecast looks cold. My plan was to try SART on Friday or Saturday. I just hope the weather cooperates. I have always wanted to do that ride.

For those that have done the ride before, are there many technical spots? I want to take my wife and she may flip out if it is super technical. She is a strong rider, but prefers fire roads to single track. The videos I have seen make it look tame.

The trail is not technical, but there are some areas that have some exposure.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

You will probably have snow and ice on those exposed sections too.

Cold weather will definitely leave some exposed sections in ice and snow

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sorry about the thread jack, but on the same topic, what about Hurkey Creek? I was thinking about going up there Sunday. Is there snow? How much? Can you still ride it with snow?