mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Information for Google Earth map of mountain bike trails near LA

I'm working on a Google Earth map of the mountain bike trails near LA. I have all the major ones, I believe. What I want is more trails that you guys know about. If you know of a trail tell me where the trail head is, either address of a nearby building or coordinates, and information about it, parking situation, cost, trail difficulty, etc. Once the map is done I'll distribute a beta version to the contributors to look at make suggestions and corrections, then I'll post it up for all to use.

I have the following:

Santiago Oaks
    Cabrillo Canyon
    Aliso Canyon
    Fullerton Loop
    Peters Canyon
    Santiago Truck Trail
    Crystal Cove
    Whiting Ranch
    Riley
    Aliso and Woods

If you don't know what Google Earth is, I suggest you go and take a look, it's a great tool.

I would also like to point out that with the public version of the map I'm just looking for the trails that everyone in the world knows about, I'm in OC area so that's why I have mostly OC trails. If you have other ones that are not so well known PM me, we'll share, and they won't be on the public map.
    Last edited by Trimen1000; 04-17-2008 at 11:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i'de love to see this!

i've done some mapping at my work, so i would be really interested as im getting a bike real soon adn just picked the wife one up. were stoked about getting to the whole mtb thing!

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    Santiago Oaks and the Anaheim Hills loop would be a great addition, I love the idea of this!
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    ...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Aren't those ones you listed mostly south of LA? Like OC-country? I ride most everything around LA and wouldn't consider those to be near LA.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Well... By near I really mean, somewhere around. Not San Diego, not Santa Barbara.

Deadly Stryker: Thank you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimen1000
    Well... By near I really mean, somewhere around. Not San Diego, not Santa Barbara.

Deadly Stryker: Thank you.
    Do it, I think it would be cool. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. I used Geoladders when I first moved out here to find trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Well... If I keep on getting support at the current rate I doubt I will publicly post it. I refuse to give other people a piece of ****, and that's what's going to come out if people don't start contributing.

DeadlyStryker: Could you give me some information about Santiago Oaks and Anaheim Hills Loop?

Santiago Oaks: What kind of trails? Difficulty range. Water? Fee?

Anaheim Hills Loop: I'm not sure what this one is.