Thread: influences

mtbr member

influences

if you have seen the recent mtb vids out there, you'll notice most of them are all single shots set up off trail somewhere of some scummy looking kid doing a nasty trick not thought possible on a bike... though what they are doing is pretty rad, is this mountainbiking? you don't see them ripping down some flowy singletrack much, and if you do most likely the editor put it in as filler to make the video part longer so it will fit the sh*tty song... is this influential to anyone out there beside 12 and 14 year olds? i am no geezer here, but was wondering who gets what out of these vids... oh take off the spandex too noone cares how fast you want to look... stay on the road then...
    DO NOT wear lycra ever....

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    "Back in the days we didn't even have mountain bikes"

But I agree, nothing really appeals to me in most newer vids.

Yes we're old.
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    you are right there was a time where mountainbikes didn't exist... though people were riding their bikes everywhere and anywhere... i myself rode my swap meet bmx bike all over trails and off trails all over the san fernando valley in the 'late '70's... it was and still is all about the adventure and how much fun you could have...
    DO NOT wear lycra ever....

mtbr member
    Man I wore those tooty fruity's for years! But once the waist band started to flip down I went to shorts out of respect.

Scotty did you do the horsetrails at the end of roscoe? Or Tampaland?