a.k.a. MTBMaven

IMBA Trail Crew: Middle Merrill Trail Maint. 3/24 - 3/25

This will be a great series of events. The IMBA Trail Crew travels the country teaching mountain bikers how to build and maintain trails. Middle Sam Merrill is a great trail and well loved by the mountain biking community. Unfortunately the trail wasn't built using modern trail designs and mother nature does a number on the trail each year.

Reply if you will be able to make it to the events.
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

"Z"
    mtbr member

elbow grease

Thanks for the heads up. These folks are great and it's always rewarding to put some elbow grease into a trail you like to ride.

What time is the trailwork, and where do we meet?

pewpewpew Moderator
    I'll be at this one! More details appreciated.
    Love, Impy

FTM
    I'll be out of town but am sending my riding partner as my proxy.
    Sorry I can't make it.

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Can you guys not see the flier? Sometimes the attachments can't be seen by other.

Friday:
    Slideshow at Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 Walnut St. Pasadena, at 6:00PM

Saturday:
    8AM-12PM Trail building class, Loma Alta Park 3330 Lincoln Ave. Altadena
    After 12PM Trail work on Middle Merrill Trail

Sunday: Time TBA meet at Lake Ave and Loma Alta ride Merrill Trail
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Can you guys not see the flier? Sometimes the attachments can't be seen by other.

Friday:
    Slideshow at Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 Walnut St. Pasadena, at 6:00PM

Saturday:
    8AM-12PM Trail building class, Loma Alta Park 3330 Lincoln Ave. Altadena
    After 12PM Trail work on Middle Merrill Trail

Sunday: Time TBA meet at Lake Ave and Loma Alta ride Merrill Trail
    THat's clearer. Will we be riding up or driving up from the park? I don't know where cobb estate is.
    Love, Impy

FTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    THat's clearer. Will we be riding up or driving up from the park? I don't know where cobb estate is.
    Cobb Estate is at the intersection of Loma Alta and Lake, 'bout a 2 miles up from Loma Alta Park - quite a little climb. It's where lower Sam Merrill ends. Pitty I'm not in town seeing as I like a block from the park.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FTM
    Cobb Estate is at the intersection of Loma Alta and Lake, 'bout a 2 miles up from Loma Alta Park - quite a little climb. It's where lower Sam Merrill ends. Pitty I'm not in town seeing as I like a block from the park.
    Ok I know where that is. I'd still like to know in advance if we are driving or climbing - need to know if I even need to bring the bike, riding clothes, etc or if it is all going to be on foot.
    Love, Impy

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Impy,

I'm not really sure. I will be going to the slide show tonight. I will find out for you and post. I doubt we will ride as we will be taking tools, though on CORBA maintenance days we have ridden in with our tools on trailers. What I don't know is if we will be driving or hiking. I hope driving due to the amount of time it will take to hike to the work site.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Impy,

I'm not really sure. I will be going to the slide show tonight. I will find out for you and post. I doubt we will ride as we will be taking tools, though on CORBA maintenance days we have ridden in with our tools on trailers. What I don't know is if we will be driving or hiking. I hope driving due to the amount of time it will take to hike to the work site.
    Thanks. Won't bother with the bike then.

Yea I hope we drive, that's a long way up.
    Love, Impy

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Impy,

Just got back from the "presentation" that was more of a social gather. Nice time. Pasadena Cyclery had pizza and drinks for everyone. The IMBA peps were there talking with everyone. I had a nice time.

So the beta for tomorrow is that after the class at Alta Loma Park we will drive as close a possible to the work site as possible. From what I could gather we will work the lower portion of Middle Merrill, some of the upper portion of Middle Merrill and/or the beginning of Idlehour trail.

If anyone reads this post and can come out tomorrow please do. So far the expected turn out is not that high. It is really cool of the IMBA people to come out and help us with trails that need some love. The more people we get out there the better.