Blue Dot Junkie

Idyllwild Spring Challenge

Check this out-- a grassroots kick-in-the-pants held in clean mountain air! http://idyllwildcycling.com/

This race features an outstanding course and really good awards & swag. Good times will be had the night before at the Hurkey Creek campground and we'll likely have something fun going on Sunday too. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-parks-2196...rest_camping-i

The full loop is 27+miles with 5600ft of climbing. Very tough.
    I earn my living building Siren Bicycles

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanC
    Check this out-- a grassroots kick-in-the-pants held in clean mountain air! http://idyllwildcycling.com/

This race features an outstanding course and really good awards & swag. Good times will be had the night before at the Hurkey Creek campground and we'll likely have something fun going on Sunday too. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-parks-2196...rest_camping-i

The full loop is 27+miles with 5600ft of climbing. Very tough.
    Those are some exceptionally nice trails out there. About the only one I have not done is the Missing Link trail. I noticed that "Satan's Gut" was cut out of this years loop. Too much elevations loss and payback or was there trail sustainability issues?

Blue Dot Junkie
    A little of both. Missing Link is quite fun-- you'll see where it comes out at the top of 5min climb on the 24hr course... It's a little hard to find from the top end if you're not familiar with the area, and there's some turns and options too.

Note to all: we'll be riding the entire course this Sunday, meeting at Hurkey Creek at 1:30. It's going to be a slow ride, as we're riding with GeoLadders & taking pics along the way. Maybe 4-5hours?

Your Imaginary Friend
    I'm heading up there on Sunday (if we don't get too much rain) to map the course for GeoLadders. I'll post a link, pics and a report on trail conditions when I get back.
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

mtbr member
    Going to try and ride the long course sun., weather permitting(all things considered I hope its not), about 9 am. Good steady tempo pace, hopefully no stops.

Blue Dot Junkie
    Hello CranxOC! I'll be riding with you Sunday...

Your Imaginary Friend
    Cool! I look forward to meeting you guys.
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

Smile and think light!

24 hour course

There will probably be people pre-riding the 24 hour course as well since that race is in a week. So, watch out for people blazing down through rage in the sage and tunnel of love! By the way - it's snowing here now and sticking pretty well. High of 56 or so Sunday. It should be allright by then, but chilly!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlonwheels
    There will probably be people pre-riding the 24 hour course as well since that race is in a week. So, watch out for people blazing down through rage in the sage and tunnel of love! By the way - it's snowing here now and sticking pretty well. High of 56 or so Sunday. It should be allright by then, but chilly!
    Yeah, if the weather dose not scare everyone off, I'll be skip'n the parts that run the wrong way!

Blue Dot Junkie
    Just got word that there's $10 camping near the expo area on a first come, first serve basis. We'll be out there Friday night keeping warm...

Don't skid
    I'll be up there camping on friday night and racing on Saturday. I have never been to that area, looking forward to it. See you all there.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.