_
    Mar 2004

I want to try some LA county trails....

My friend and I are itchin' to try out some LA county trails, we ALWAYS ride in south orange county and want to expand our horizons. So, if anyone wants to show us around an LA county trail or two that would be awesome. I'd consider ourselves to be intermediate skilled riders, our rides typically range between 15-20 miles.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Portuguese Bend in Palos Verdes is a beauiful ride with ocean views. It's not a very challenging ride though, just very pretty. All down hill on the way in, all up hill on the way out. I would rate it easy to intermediate.
    Buy products mentioned in this post: Roach Motels and Flowbee Hair Cutting System

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    what kind of trails do you like? There is so much diversity in la county.....

_
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtnbk1
    what kind of trails do you like? There is so much diversity in la county.....
    I've ridden Ocean Trails (very short since they put the fence up) in PV as well as Del Cerro, both are fun, Del Cerro definitely lots of singletrack branching off of the main fireroad. I've only been there twice,I just went this past sunday, it was fun.

I like trails with climbing and a rewarding downhill. Most of the OC trails I ride involve climbing anywhere from a gradual 2 or 3 miler to a 10 mile climb, with some flat and short downhills mixed in. I usually ride El Moro, Aliso/Woods, Whiting, Santiago Truck Trail to Old Camp, down the Luge, Holy Jim, San Juan and I've ridden Santiago Oaks a couple times.

I was really wanting to try El Prieto or something like that. I've heard good things about that trail. So, if anyone is riding sunday morning, please let me know!

Thanks.

34N 118W

Prieto's ok...

El Prieto isn't a bad trail - it's pretty fun but can go by quick. If you're in the area, you definitely want to hit up Gabrieleno. 15 mi. downhill back to the JPL parking lot (starting point for the Brown / Prieto loop). Exit 210 at Windsor, go east.

Quote Originally Posted by bdee

I was really wanting to try El Prieto or something like that. I've heard good things about that trail. So, if anyone is riding sunday morning, please let me know!

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Lose the smog and crowds

My friend and I are itchin' to try out some LA county trails, we ALWAYS ride in south orange county and want to expand our horizons. So, if anyone wants to show us around an LA county trail or two that would be awesome. I'd consider ourselves to be intermediate skilled riders, our rides typically range between 15-20 miles.

Thanks!
    Contact me and I'll show you some great rides above the smog and beyond the crowds along the northern slope of the San Gabriels. Devil's Punchbowl, Manzanita, Blue Ridge and Acorn are just a few. I've been riding up here for 13 yrs and can put together shuttles, loops or out and backs.

_
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog
    Contact me and I'll show you some great rides above the smog and beyond the crowds along the northern slope of the San Gabriels. Devil's Punchbowl, Manzanita, Blue Ridge and Acorn are just a few. I've been riding up here for 13 yrs and can put together shuttles, loops or out and backs.
    Awesome! I'll be in touch with you within' the next couple of weeks. Loops or out and backs sound good to me!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Local rides

Awesome! I'll be in touch with you within' the next couple of weeks. Loops or out and backs sound good to me!

Thanks!
    Hey bdee, I live in OC also and have ridden Santiago, Harding-Santiago Peak, Moro, Whitting-Luge,etc. I also have ridden and still ride most LA county trais. Let me know if you want to hook up for local OC rides or anything up in LA. I'll be doing Santa Barbara front range trails this weekend; Romero, Cold Springs, Tunnel etc.

I'll be doing Charlton Chilao in a couple of weeks, local high altitude ride and Merrils/Sunset Ridge/El Prieto soon.

Later

_
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    Hey bdee, I live in OC also and have ridden Santiago, Harding-Santiago Peak, Moro, Whitting-Luge,etc. I also have ridden and still ride most LA county trais. Let me know if you want to hook up for local OC rides or anything up in LA. I'll be doing Santa Barbara front range trails this weekend; Romero, Cold Springs, Tunnel etc.

I'll be doing Charlton Chilao in a couple of weeks, local high altitude ride and Merrils/Sunset Ridge/El Prieto soon.

Later
    Sounds great, I sent you a "private message" on here with my cell number, not this weekend, but the next is sounding good. One of our friends is gonna show us the El Prieto trail this sunday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski

Later
    Let me know when you do Charlton Chilao and I'll meet you there if I can.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Chilao invite

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog
    Let me know when you do Charlton Chilao and I'll meet you there if I can.
    Roger that. I'll keep you in the loop.

Martin