mtbr member

I should be working, but...

Here's a few pics I took at Vail Lake in Temecula today when I should have been working.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Cool pics! Hubby and I need to ride there some time. Haven't done it yet. Do they have trail maps, or is it easy enough to find your way around?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aword4you
    Cool pics! Hubby and I need to ride there some time. Haven't done it yet. Do they have trail maps, or is it easy enough to find your way around?
    No maps that I know of, but I was thinking of drawing up a map of the loop I do if your interested I could post it here, It's only about 8 miles but is a OK trail if you live close by and need a fix.
    Once your on the main fireroad it's a no brainer only one way to go. But getting to that road is a little tricky 'cause there's a few ways to go and some lead to dead ends (Doh) and then after the climbing and in my case the hiking on the main road there is a few ways to go down. And also on the lower areas, it's like riding on the beach and it doesn't look sandy intil your in it. Also try RedHawk Bicycles in Temecula, they sometimes have a group ride there on Saturdays.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you do a trail map definitely post it. That'd be awesome. Wouldn't be a bad addition to close local rides, other than Santa Rosa.

Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_lizard
    Here's a few pics I took at Vail Lake in Temecula today when I should have been working.

Nice pics. I have ridden there when y-events did races there. Question: is it cool to just ride in and hit the trails? There is a guard house at the main entrance but there are a zillion ways to get in aside from that. If you remain silent, i'll understand...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kim
    Nice pics. I have ridden there when y-events did races there. Question: is it cool to just ride in and hit the trails? There is a guard house at the main entrance but there are a zillion ways to get in aside from that. If you remain silent, i'll understand...
    I didn't know there was a main entrance ignorance is bliss. Just think how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck (road) would Chuckwood.
    Maybe you're right about remaining silent.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There is also quote a bit of riding on the other side of the lake and dam.

BTW, Red Hawk bikes is my new favorite bike shop. Nice folks in there.

mtbr member

Vail Lake Rides!

Vail Lake has many new trails that are opening up. I Know cause I've made them all. We should have about 30 miles of new track ready to rock within the next few months. To include bridges, Berming singletrack and kller 2 mile downhills. I am the Vail Lake mountain bike rep and we are trying to get Vail open full time for MTB use. Right now the only legal shop allowed to use the property is CYCOPATH bike shop on the south 79. Cycopath will be hosting rides at Vail on Sat mornings. For info on the rides check out thier website www.cycopath.com. I will be promoting 3 races next year at Vail. The races will be 12hr endurance races for solos and teams. The first race is Jan 21st. Check out the website www.12hrsoftemecula.com for more info. also you'll find a detailed description of the 11.25 mile course. If you have any ? email me jranoa@adelphia.net. Oh by the way Vail is not open to the public yet but will be in the very near future.

mtbr member

Great

Quote Originally Posted by RANOACLAN
    Vail Lake has many new trails that are opening up. I Know cause I've made them all. We should have about 30 miles of new track ready to rock within the next few months. To include bridges, Berming singletrack and kller 2 mile downhills. I am the Vail Lake mountain bike rep and we are trying to get Vail open full time for MTB use. Right now the only legal shop allowed to use the property is CYCOPATH bike shop on the south 79. Cycopath will be hosting rides at Vail on Sat mornings. For info on the rides check out thier website www.cycopath.com. I will be promoting 3 races next year at Vail. The races will be 12hr endurance races for solos and teams. The first race is Jan 21st. Check out the website www.12hrsoftemecula.com for more info. also you'll find a detailed description of the 11.25 mile course. If you have any ? email me jranoa@adelphia.net. Oh by the way Vail is not open to the public yet but will be in the very near future.
    That sounds great, If you need any help with anything let me know, I've been known to swing a pretty mean pick axe We can surly use these trails here, great job and maybe I won't feel so guilty about riding there

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I guess that's why I haven't ridden there. Half the time you say it's open to the public, now you say it's not. Santa Rosa here I come

Hope it all goes smoothly. It looks like it could be a cool place to ride.

mtbr member

Wishy Washy

Sorry about the open closed thing. Vail Has recently gone through another management change. I hope this time they got it right. But you never know! They have all thier duckies in order to let people ride out there. They just want to do it right so people have fun. As of right now you can go to the front desk and pay $5 and get a day pass. The day pass lets you do all the riding you want in Vail. Plus you can use all the facilities except the lake. They just cant call it a biking fee.

mtbr member

Knowing That

Knowing that, I will be happy to pay the 5 bucks to ride there to keep things on the up and up. Will there be any maps or trail signs in the future?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Sorry about the open closed thing. Vail Has recently gone through another management change. I hope this time they got it right. But you never know! They have all thier duckies in order to let people ride out there. They just want to do it right so people have fun. As of right now you can go to the front desk and pay $5 and get a day pass. The day pass lets you do all the riding you want in Vail. Plus you can use all the facilities except the lake. They just cant call it a biking fee.
    Thanks for the 411 Ranoaclan. Vail Lake is a perfect place to ride, and if done right could be awesome-especially in the winter when it's cool. I liked the races where you go all out then kick back by the bar and watch the games. Keep us posted. BTW, the cycopath website doesn't list a sat ride at Vail, just some coffee road rides.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The more local trails the better. Hope everything goes well!

mtbr member

I need to get out there.

I live in murrieta and vail would be great close enough for a quick spin. I like that just never seem to find the good trails.
    http://www.caddesignwork.com/ where CAD Design and drafting happens.

Glad to Be Alive
    very nice pics...sure beats working
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days