Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ... I rode my bike to church...

And it ROCKS!

In our effort to beat the heat from hell we left our hotel in the early morning dusk. We got to our destination minutes before sunrise and it pays off as you can see.

The weather at 7:00am was already in the low 70’s. A short pedal on the pavement to get to do good stuff provides a good warm up.

Soon enough, we were greeted by the sweet goodness we call dirt. And the whole area was glowing in fiery orange and red, reminiscent of what I would imagine…..Hell would be.

As we turn out from the canyon, it opens up to this view.

And the Heavenly singletrack appears soon after.

The surrounding section of this singletrack provides plenty of opportunities for some FR stuff. It has some drops, ledges and plenty of steep slickrock hillside rollers.

This section was heavenly FUN!

As we climb up and gets closer to heaven…

God made a split second appearance from a far distance. Luckily I had my camera on me and took this shot.

After that we rode along and continued on the fun stuff.

Very much to my surprise, I heard a voice…Then there he was…the light…ZION!

He said that he is the light at the end of the tunnel, so we went in to meet him…

Before we left he shone his light on my rig and said….”You have sinned my son….but you will have commit a far greater sin, if you have bought an Ellsworth”

We left shortly after that and felt terrible as a few of my friends owns one.
    Another crazy day at Church Rocks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    You sir are now on my hate list because you had to go and be all fancy and post pics of a place Im dieing to go to! Lets see, I think 1 more year til a vacation. At least I can plan. Was it fairly cool with all the cloud cover or did it make the weather stuffy?
    05 Spesh Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nothing like church on a Sunday!

mtbr member
    nice pictures, where is this?
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s
    nice pictures, where is this?

Not in SOCAL.
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

Those who skibike, know..
    Hahahaha I guess I'm an Elly sinner then, several times over. Great pics. Somewhere near Nevada / Utah border??? Please do tell.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    Hahahaha I guess I'm an Elly sinner then, several times over. Great pics. Somewhere near Nevada / Utah border??? Please do tell.
    The trail is in St. George Utah called Church Rocks. It's a tad short but can be linked up to several trails. Fun trail to hit up on the way home to Socal.