Negative Rep Points!!!!

I pedaled really fast today!

Ahhh a break in the weather, finally. No rain in the forecast. However, as I pedaled up the asphalt to the trailhead, I knew that today was not going to be the "usual".

Now, after seeing that sign and these fresh tracks in the dirt, I have to admit I was a little spooked. Needless to say, I really picked up the pace. I think my neck hurts from looking over my shoulder as I pedaled.

This waterfall and stream were really pumping. The pic does not do justice how much water is flowing into El Cap.

At the midway point, I couldn't find any more tracks so I stopped to do a bit of trailwork. The latest round of storms has really widened the trenches and gullies. The place is punished!

As I climbed, I looked off to the east, towards Cuyamaca. The skies were growing darker by the minute. Lightning and thunder cracked over head. It was definetly storming hard over Cuyamaca and Noble. And, it was quickly heading my way. But...but, the weatherman said.......

At the top of my climb, I had no time to rest as the skies above were now totally dark, and I was getting pelted by rain. In the last pic, you can see the storm coming in fast from Cuyamaca.

Despite hustling as fast as I could to stay in front of the storm, I really got pretty soaked.

I guess the trail work I did was a waste.

All in all, It was still a good ride, it felt great to be turning the cranks again.

[SIZE=1]Note: For anybody planning on riding Cuyamaca or Noble this weekend, I would advise against it. That area got slammed hard, again today.[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 02-24-2005 at 08:20 PM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

aka Willy Vanilly
    Nice shots Aquaholic. Suggest any other places for this weekend? SJT and ATT the only places around that'll have drained by this weekend? Would like to do something 3, 4 hours long.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

aka Yertle D Turtle

It's always a little hard to tell,

from a photo online but that looks like a dog print. Check out this link

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html

I have done a lot of study. It's always good to know whats around you and be very alert.
    Looks like you had a great ride, beautiful pictures. The print is large, it looks a lot like the ones my great dane left on the trail.
    Aoccdnirg to rcesaerh at Cmbarigde Uneirvtisy, it deson't mttaer waht oredr the lteters in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the fsirt and lsat ltteer be at the rhgit pclae.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbikenmama
    from a photo online but that looks like a dog print. Check out this link

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html

I have done a lot of study. It's always good to know whats around you and be very alert.
    Looks like you had a great ride, beautiful pictures. The print is large, it looks a lot like the ones my great dane left on the trail.
    I'm not so sure. Dogs can't retract their claws like cats can. That print has no claws and it's pretty clear.

i can't type the letter s
    Last time I rode ATT I came across big cat tracks too, at the 4 corners area by sidewinder. That was about 3 weeks ago. Next time don't leave me all alone at the back!!

Hey guys, wait for me!!! (hands waving frantically as I try to keep up)

mtbr member
    I wonder what mountain bikers taste like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Y'know, the faster you ride, the more it looks like you're fleeing...

Don't worry about it! You can outsmart 'em and you'll have them eating out of your hand . Tea and Cookies, anyone?

Good ol' shoe...

Taste like chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    Of course!
    "Republicans, Democrats and American people who support giving up a little liberty for a small measure of security (such as the Patriot Act) deserve neither."
    -Ben Franklin, paraphrased

"Love your country, always, and your government when they deserve it..."
    -Mark Twain

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    funny...exit stage right
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    nice pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Cats and Dogs

That print you posted is a dog print. Look at the middle pad (not circular) and the dog's claw mark is visible on the far right toe. There are definitely cats around with prints/teeth/claws that big so caution is good but my time in the backcountry tells me that pic is a dog print.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo
    That print you posted is a dog print. Look at the middle pad (not circular) and the dog's claw mark is visible on the far right toe. There are definitely cats around with prints/teeth/claws that big so caution is good but my time in the backcountry tells me that pic is a dog print.

remind me to bring you on the trail w/me

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

snappers or kitties?

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    remind me to bring you on the trail w/me

anyone who has such a cool picture/video/changing photo/whatever they are called in computer speak, is right-on-right-on in my book. anytime you are going to bring along any of the wholesome girls in that picture, count me in. yours is the best in the forum, by far.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo
    anyone who has such a cool picture/video/changing photo/whatever they are called in computer speak, is right-on-right-on in my book. anytime you are going to bring along any of the wholesome girls in that picture, count me in. yours is the best in the forum, by far.
    thanks to E I O....he did it for me...the fish are from the deep ocean that were found on the beach after the tsunami...and the girls WERE vestal virgins but I took care of a few...If you want you can have the others