Waiting to exhale.

I lost my dog at fullerton loop

dudes,
    I was riding the fullerton loop on tuesday around 6 pm with my dog and he got away from me. he is a white dog with brown spots on its body and face. he is a pitbull and his name is ceasar. he has a ID tag that has his name and a japanese phone number (098) 956-3742. the number is incorrect. if you know anything let me know. some dudes told me they saw him with a couple of asian looking dudes near a parking lot. thanks
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

mtbr member
    So did you recover your dog?
    Buy products mentioned in this post: Roach Motels and Flowbee Hair Cutting System

Waiting to exhale.

whoa

dudes,
    I found the dog at the oc animal care center. they charged me 240 bucks just to get him out he was only there overnight! bqastards!!!! most of the people that worked there where complete dumbasses!!! they where of no help at all. lesson learned.....never let yur dog out of your site for one second....thanks to the people who turned him in though...who ever you are.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Upset ???

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    dudes,
    I found the dog at the oc animal care center. they charged me 240 bucks just to get him out he was only there overnight! bqastards!!!! most of the people that worked there where complete dumbasses!!! they where of no help at all. lesson learned.....never let yur dog out of your site for one second....thanks to the people who turned him in though...who ever you are.
    wait, you let your pitbull run around without a leash in an residential area with street crossings all over the place and the people at the animal shelter are dumbasses?

My wife hit an unleashed dog last year and it cost $1200 to replace the front bumper unit. please, go back to japan.

mtbr dismember

It could have been worse

Suppose he smelled some guy's crotch!

Action Sports Trader
    If you let your dog run wild on the trail without holding onto it, I will run it over!! I hate people that think they own the trails and let their dogs run wild. Horse owners are not any better. Here is a good idea, don't put the dog to sleep put the owner to sleep.

Waiting to exhale.

whoa

slow down beeeyauch!
    I never said he was runnin loose....I have a really long leash and that was my first time out with my dog. hes trained pretty good (better than most dogs) It was experimental. at first he wanted to pee on everything then after a few minutes he was right along side me or behind me ON A LEASH. I learned a big lesson and that is dogs dont really belong where mtbrs ride. there was a part on the trail that I had to let go of the leash in order to complete, there was no one around so I figured what the heck. I make it to the top of a hill and my dog is gone. ya its my fault and I take responsibility for my actions...say what you want....as for the people at the pound, they ARE dumbasses! they are like robots. its not so much the money, its the CS.
    Stark...buy a quality car with a stronger " front bumper unit" and retire that pinto. i'm sure your dog murdering wife would appreciate that, go back to iraq, I'm sure they dont have chiuahuas that destroy front bumpers.
    Samanderson bite me. both yous guys are funny. I guess this forum makes you grow balls because I know for sure you guys would not have said any of that to my face if you saw me out on the trail. markasstricks trickassmarks
    in the end everyones got good points and opinions. I am man enough to say that I learned a lesson. I think you two guys should learn how to read so you wont make dam fools of yourselves and rant about something that isnt even factual. learn that lesson girls.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bm_stark
    ... go back to japan.
    Now that was unecessary.

I agree that trail dogs can sometimes be problematic and can pose a more of realistic risk than mountain lions, so let's just keep the discussion to the dog and not make this a 'go back to country x' deal.

As far I am concerned, the only peeps with the right to say "Go back to _____" are the Native Americans and they don't even say it! This land was long theirs before anyone one of us or our ancestors came here. Ironically, you hear descendents of immigrants say this kinda stuff. Odd.

Smokey, good to hear you found your dog. Yeah the animal control does charge and arm and leg for keeping lost pets, but it is what it is. Glad to hear the dog is okay and that no one on the trail or around it was hurt.

In the end it all worked out and he said he learned a valuable lesson about NOT to mix dogs with mtn biking.
    Buy products mentioned in this post: Roach Motels and Flowbee Hair Cutting System

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Smokey..

Very happy to hear you got your dog back...

I'm also glad you posted the details on your story. Before reading that I too was thinking he was unleashed, and while sad for you, figuring you asked for it; however, now I see it was an honest human accident - you let go of the leash for just one moment to deal with some technical trail and poof, dog is gone.

Anyway, thanks for the update, and again, congrats on getting it back!

--Steve

Action Sports Trader
    Well it looks like you wrote a quick retort full of blood and tears, more tears than blood. And to correct you, I have said many things to dumb@ss people that don't control their animals on the trail. When I ride past them on the downhill and they have bent over to pick up their dogs crap, I occasionally startle them. They, more often than not, start *****in and complaining to me. I will normally ride away, but occasionally, if they don't shut the F up, I will get off my bike and start walking towards them. They more often than not stop talking at that point and start walking. So what I am saying is, If you are stupid and lost your dog on a trail, this is the wrong forum to cry to. And if I do see you out their with your dog running wild again, I will probabally stop and say something to you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    samanderson, you're making more an @ss of yourself.. the guy already said he had is dog on a leash, but had to drop the leash or crash. once donig that the dog got away..

ease up man, it's all about riding and having fun.

his dog didn't bother you, he got his dog back, everyone should be happy.

anyway, if ya'll do meet up on a trail, i want to be there to watch.

--Steve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swaits
    ...if ya'll do meet up on a trail, i want to be there to watch.
    Me too. I'll put $20 on Smokey.

Action Sports Trader
    Swaits,
    you should look at the time line before you say I am an ass. All that was posted was that he lost his dog at Fullerton Loop. That is the only information that I made my post on! The only way you can loose a dog is if you are not holding on to it, which happens on the trail all the time. It seems to be a trend with preppy homeowners on that trail to unhook their dogs and let them run free while they are on their nightly jog. The dogs end up running in the way of MTB riders and creating the an accident, injuring an innocent MTBer which might be your wife or your kid. So, I stand with my post, if you let your dog go your stupid, no matter what!!! Second, I made my last post in retaliation to his. If he wants to post a dumb post he should expect a stupid response. So, Mr. Nice Guy.as far as I'm concerned, you are the dumb@ss,

Justin

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ok man

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    ok, so i regret the "go back to japan" part.

But riding with dogs on the Fullerton Loop just is not cool. That ride is not a nice ride in the mountains where your dog can run free and only annoy chipmunks. It's a series of dirt paths in the middle of suburbia connected by crosswalks across major 60 mph streets.

Most people I know who have dogs don't ride with them, but those that do don't try to keep the dog on a leash while riding... someone's going to get hurt/strangled in that setup. That's why I assumed that the dog was off the leash when you lost it. So I got it wrong... you were off the leash!

It's not too suprising that the people in those 500+k houses called the pound on a pitbull running loose in their neighborhood. I sure would have.

oh, and the car bumper was on a shiny new vw passat. a pinto bumper wouldn't have absorbed any of the damage, but the dead dog would have been a lot messier. peace.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    d00d, i'm glad u found yer dawg. But when I first read that headline, i was LMAO! :-D

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    dudes,
    I was riding the fullerton loop on tuesday around 6 pm with my dog and he got away from me. he is a white dog with brown spots on its body and face. he is a pitbull and his name is ceasar. he has a ID tag that has his name and a japanese phone number (098) 956-3742. the number is incorrect. if you know anything let me know. some dudes told me they saw him with a couple of asian looking dudes near a parking lot. thanks

Lindsay

You dumb ****

Get your dog a dog tag w/ the correct information, like now.

jerk.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Hey, glad you found your dog

Stumbled across this tonight. Glad you got the dog back. Don't bag on Animal Control, although $24o sounds exorbitant, I'm guessing front line staff doesn't set prices and they've heard it all.

Years ago I tried running my hyper dog on a really long lead while riding a bike on a quiet road in a park. All fine til he saw a bird and took off. Can you say "Road rash"?