mtbr member
    Mar 2008

I know Snow Summit runs lifts, but does Bear Mountain?

So i was talking to a novice biker today and her told me that his friend just got back from riding Bear Mountain a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe that because I haven't heard of anyone riding it recently but was he speaking correctly or simply misinformed? He said the lifts on Bear were running and they didnt have any restrictions on bikes which set off red flags due to the whole lawsuit thing a while back, but Im not 100% sure so I thought Ide ask.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    I believe that both resorts are run by the same company. That would make it highly unlikely that the rules would be any different at Bear Mtn vs. Snow Summit. But then again, I don't know and am just guessing. It would be cool if it were true.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.co...ain_biking.php

We went there a few weeks ago and they didn't seem to be sweating people too much. I had my AM/XC bike but I saw some fairly burly bikes on the lifts. It's definitely subjective and I wouldn't show up with a double crown forked monster and expect to ride. You should be fine with a moderate freeride bike.

mtbr member
    No lift access on Bear Mountain - only Snow Summit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Well the current tally is one vote yes, one no, one maybe, hopefully more people will chime in.

That link did say Bear Mountain but didnt give a trail map

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    The only lift that operates is actually at Snow Summit. You don't get to ride in any of the ski area property like years ago. You can ride some decent single track stuff or the fire roads. Some of the trails are great, some are brutal and the fire roads are fire roads. I'd say just go there, get one of the Follets guide maps and have at it. Shouldn't take you long to figure out what you like or don't like. To me it's a fun day and you can hit the alpine slides and ice cream on the way out of town.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I was there back in July, my buddy and I actually thought it was Bear Mountain where the trails were, we get there and parking lot was empty and an employee that worked there told us it was Snow Summit, not Bear.