mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Huntington Beach 4th of July. Looking for REAL Trail /demo shop recommendations.

Title says it all. I will be spending the 4th of July weekend in California this year with my family. This is my first trip to Cali so I'd like to get a good ride in while I'm there. I had GREAT luck in finding local riders/trails here on MTBR for my trip to Kauai last summer ( brought my MOOTS on that trip).

We are staying at the Hyatt and I'll have a rental car. Looking for GOOD local shop to demo/rent a higher quality 29er for a ride on the AM of July 6th. I typically ride 2-3x's per week. average ride is 1,500-2K feet of climbing 20-35 miles.

Anywhere I "HAVE" to ride while in the area? I plan on bringing my own riding gear/pedals. Just want to experience some local So Cal riding while there.

Thanks in advance guys!

-=MIke

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Can recommend "The Path" bike shop in Tustin for good selection on high end stuff, not too far from HB, but there may be other shops closer to HB that I don't know about. You may want to call/reserve something in advance since that could be a very busy weekend with the holiday.

As for where to ride, what kind of trails do you like, XC, or more techy/chunky? The parks will be packed on a Sat. holiday weekend . El Moro/Laguna Coast/Aliso Woods Parks are close to HB. Or head to the Santa Ana mountains (less than an hour from HB) to get some relief from the crowds. Many trails and variety whichever way you go. And expect some good vert (more than 2k) for a 20 mi ride.

Check here under OC tab for some ideas: MountainBikeBill's Mountain biking Trail Reviews, Videos and Pictures
    - Dave
    Last edited by 2xTurner; 03-06-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: add link