Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    that wildwood looks like youre in tucson
    Yeah, it's a weird place. Part of it is up and over a volcanic mountain. Then you hit some grass plains, then you drop into a lush canyon with a creek running through it. I won't mention the water purification plant down in that valley, though.

Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiznblue View Post
    New guy here. Got inspired after watching ambassadorhawg's video and decided to tried riding Lizard Rock Trail this morning. After my 2.5 mile climb to the top...got a flat tire 10 secs into the downhill section. Then realized I had the wrong spare tube. So my first experience carrying my bike down the hill was pretty cool!
    Try tubeless set up, you'll rarely flat!

sent from my rotary phone

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesinoc View Post
    Try tubeless set up, you'll rarely flat!
    Tell that to PZ!!!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    lush canyon... water purification plant down in that valley
    yeah that area was suspiciously lush. lots of nutrients in that soil...

b a n n e d
    Wait, are y'all talking 'bout the gigantic vats of SHITE!?

Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Yeah, it's a weird place. Part of it is up and over a volcanic mountain. Then you hit some grass plains, then you drop into a lush canyon with a creek running through it. I won't mention the water purification plant down in that valley, though.

I've heard that trail mentioned more than a few times on Mountain Bike Action Fiction magazine when i used to have a subscription with them. Sounds like a nice place to ride...

Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Tell that to PZ!!!
    I didn't want to brag but in the 3 years I've gone tubeless I haven't really flatted out on the trail. Well, I flatted once in the living room. Hope he reads this.... :P

official eMpTyBRain
    I've heard that trail mentioned more than a few times on Mountain Bike Action Fiction magazine when i used to have a subscription with them. Sounds like a nice place to ride...
    If you go, this is the route I suggest. A nice tour of all the terrain features the park has to offer.

Geoladders -- Wildwood Park

mtbr member
    I didn't want to brag but in the 3 years I've gone tubeless I haven't really flatted out on the trail. Well, I flatted once in the living room. Hope he reads this.... :P
    I was all ready to throw my tubes in the trash when a certain someone sans tubes got a flat and had to do some walking...

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    I was all ready to throw my tubes in the trash when a certain someone sans tubes got a flat and had to do some walking...
    It was a little more than a "flat" don't cha think? How many flats did you have before and since that one and only time the tubeless guy had a failure?

Dump the damn tubes, already!

Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    that wildwood looks like youre in tucson
    Is Tucson a mountain bike destination or a nice place with nice trails? The town been mentioned by Money magazine as a good place to retire, if I'm not mistaken.

Hello
    Cool, I'll try it out soon.

official eMpTyBRain
    Is Tucson a mountain bike destination or a nice place with nice trails? The town been mentioned by Money magazine as a good place to retire, if I'm not mistaken.
    Hotter than Hell in the Summer time. Consider Prescott or Flagstaff if you wanna do AZ for retirement.

My family has a place in Havasu. Hotter than Hell, and no riding around there or relatively close... BUT, great fishing and beautiful girls to watch.

Hello
    You should start seeing lower prices on tubeless specific wheels this time of the year, unless you love getting the pinche flatte on a regular basis.

No known cure
    I don't always shuttle trails, but when I do I perfer a trail like Just Outstanding. Rode it twice this morning, solo, and it was perfect after last night's drizzle.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Vader-007,PZ- Are the trails near you rideable throughout winter? I'm from Boise and want to do some riding in January. Any recommendations as to where to head down there? Thanks!

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksstorm View Post
    Vader-007,PZ- Are the trails near you rideable throughout winter? I'm from Boise and want to do some riding in January. Any recommendations as to where to head down there? Thanks!
    The best riding I know of in Winter is around Phoenix, Arizona. Riding season does on all year long here in So Cal but if it rains, the trails should be avoided for at least a few days after it stops.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

No known cure
    In my part of So Cal, I'm shoveling snow, so I head to Palm Springs or AZ to ride.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    In my part of So Cal, I'm shoveling snow, so I head to Palm Springs or AZ to ride.
    What trails in PS do you recommend that are below the snow line up above for Winter riding?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksstorm View Post
    Yeah the (last year very) occasional rain puts a hold on things for a few days, but other than that almost everything is pretty much rideable year round.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    First time out on the new bike and wow what a difference. I was able to conquer every climb and after the ride I didnt feel like i had just gotten beat up. I will never ride a 26" again lol. Stock rear tire felt good, good uphill traction and consistent slide when needed. Front tire was a different story, hopefully air pressure adjustment helps cuz it wasnt very confidence inspiring.
    I no longer have to worry about laying the bike down cuz I got that out of the way today. Bike said "I'm gonna lay here in this rut, you go ahead without me". And I did just that. Ran down the hill narrowly avoiding some cactus lol. At least I didn't fall. Overall it was a great ride!

mtbr member
    Well I finally hit the Kenter Canyon "woops" today. It was awesome. I'm not much a jumper, so I stuck to the small and easy stuff. However, the flow there is great, the terrain was perfect, and the weather at 730 was fantastic. For those in the Santa Monica area this is a must do IMO.

Cheers

Rob

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by robncircus View Post
    Well I finally hit the Kenter Canyon "woops" today. It was awesome. I'm not much a jumper, so I stuck to the small and easy stuff. However, the flow there is great, the terrain was perfect, and the weather at 730 was fantastic. For those in the Santa Monica area this is a must do IMO.

Cheers

Rob
    I don't even know where this is. Can it be ridden from Mulholland or Westridge?

official eMpTyBRain
    PosRep Master:

It's on the East side of Mandeville.

Geoladders -- Gallery for Kenter Fire Road (The Whoops)

mtbr member
    Here's the GPS:
    Woops First time by robncircus at Garmin Connect - Details

We climbed Mandeville to Hollyhock, took that across Mountain Gate, the go around the gate and shortly thereafter they drop in on the right. I would park at 26th and SV, take Westridge, pass the Nike tower on dirt Mulholland, that that fireroad that veers right to Mountain Gate, and go from there. That way, you won't need to climb to Westridge again. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast