Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How tough the climb on Monroe Truck Trail?

803 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  411898 
#1 ·
I'd like to try something new after riding Marshall all the time. (I can reach the bench without stopping).AFter searching here and watching the latest video, it looks fun and I will definetly be wearing the arm and shin guards. But Im just curious what I should expect. Im not the in greatest shape and my DB weighs in at 31lbs. Id rather not be hike a biking too much on a narrow trail and come across a freakin rattlesnake hiding in the grass :eekster:

#2 ·
Not sure if MTT has been repaired from the rain but when I went up there a few months ago, it was a bit washed out. There was a roaring rapid river flowing through the bottom of the trail system meaning that you basically had to do some hike-a-bike crossings and then try to figure out where the trail started up again.

It's a real shame because this was a favorite ride of mine before the Winter hammered it. It was smooth and flowy in sections but, yes, it was a tough climb once you reached the ridge. Not nearly as bad as some other climbs but not simple either unless you are in fantastic shape. I like tough climbs as long as they are not too chopped up.

If you go, please report on the conditions there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.