120 pounds of xc sex!

how long is the wait after the rains for carbon caynon rides?

I think its 3 days after it rains, but i may be wrong. guys?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

call tha rangers...

i would just call 'em on friday. those trails have a "greasing" effect after rains. if they get more than .25" of rain, i think they close for 3 days.

i'm gonna give 'em a call to see if you'll be open sat. AM (maybe even sun, if i decide to skip out on mt sac). i need to meet another mtbr member to get rid of some hope hydros.

what day you planning to ride???

cheers!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    ...i'm gonna give 'em a call to see if you'll be open sat. AM (maybe even sun, if i decide to skip out on mt sac). i need to meet another mtbr member to get rid of some hope hydros.

what day you planning to ride???

I'm gonna give Mt. Sac a pass this year---been racing cyclocross every week for the past month and need to take a break! If you're not racing but are in the area, some friends and I are planning to ride Marshall on Sunday: 8am at the parking lot on Wheeler.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I called Thursday of last week and was told that CHSP would be open on Monday (10/25). I noticed all weekend that the gate was closed and the sign was up. On Monday, I went over to ride (Elinvar entry) and saw that the gate was open but the sign was still up. I also noticed a high school cross country team running down the hill, and a few other hikers going in, so I decided to go ride. I went up Bane ridge, up South ridge to the top of San Juan then down Bovanian and down Raptor, and back out Bane Canyon road. It was a really hard peddle with the ground really spongy and quite wet in spots, but overal I had a lot of fun. The trails were all "new" and challenging as I didn't know what the conditions would be around the next corner. I liked that. South ridge was rutted out really bad with ditches over a foot deep most of the way down. The single tracks were in good shape even with the added ruts.

As I exited the park and was getting ready to leave, a ranger began to enter the park and close the gate. He came over and asked me if I was coming or going. I told him I was leaving and he said that although the gate was open the sign was still up saying the park was closed. I apologized and told him why I decided to ride. He was cool enough but said that the park wouldn't be open until perhaps this weekend. Mind you, that was before the rain on Tues. night and Wed. Given their overly conservative nature I wouldn't think they'd be open this weekend.

All in all, I had a good time being the only one in the park more or less and from the looks of the tracks, about the second to third rider down the trails since the rains. I'd say give them a call, but don't count on getting acurate information.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    just spoke to the ranger, they might open up sun. for trail info updates, call;
    951-780-6222, and hit ext 19 for the recorded closure updates.

if it's open sun., i will be riding out there or maybe santiago tomorrow (sat.).