29er for the Soul

How long is sewer line work going to take in Wildwood Cyn.

Wildwood trail in Wildwood canyon near the falls is closed for sewer line repair. Anyone know how long this is going to take? I really like the creek crossings over the wooden bridges. I am already missing them..

I was riding the trail last weekend from the top down on Lizard Skin and saw the signs. People were hiking the Paradise Falls trail, but it looks like the trail is littered with 1 foot diameter pipes. I don't think you could ride in there anyway, unless you like slipping off slippery skinnies.

Not wanting ot be a scofflaw, I went up and around on TeePee Road. The view up near The teepee shows this looks like a major project.

Cheers
    So Cal Rod

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It's not ridable, but I was able to walk my bike by the falls as it was just that section from the stairs along the fence. Do you know if the sewer is completed on the upper part of Wildwood Trail (I like to loop from there from Lynmere)? A few weeks back it wasn't and that stunk, no really, it stunk

29er for the Soul
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryRudolph View Post
    It's not ridable, but I was able to walk my bike by the falls as it was just that section from the stairs along the fence. Do you know if the sewer is completed on the upper part of Wildwood Trail (I like to loop from there from Lynmere)? A few weeks back it wasn't and that stunk, no really, it stunk
    Hi,

I am still learning my way around the canyon. I was never up by the Lynnmere trail, if that's where you are referring to. I didn't notice any sewage smells anywhere near the falls, near the Teepee, or down by the creek where Teepee Road begins.

At the bottom near the creek, I spoke with some folks and they said they had been in the area a few weeks earlier and reported a bad stink. No smell at all was evident on the day I rode last week.

I hope that helps.

Cheers
    So Cal Rod