Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well How lame is the company name FUNN?!!

Trying to commit to buying a FUNN Full Throttle saddle but man... That's a pretty lame logo to be sitting on. I've never strayed away from a purchase due to a company name before but am thinking about it on this one. Anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.
    Last edited by Cannon858; 06-25-2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to add exclamations to title.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon858
    Trying to commit to buying a FUNN Full Throttle saddle but man... That's a pretty lame logo to be sitting on.
    So how are you going to see the brand while riding your bike, assface? j/k

I understand where you are coming from, but it is a non-factor for me.

"Its All Good"
    If the saddle skids your wheels, who cares about the name, it will rub off when you butt cheeks have connected with it
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Stray Bullet
    WTF does this have to with SoCal?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    It IS the land of brand-identity!

Seriously, after having lived from TX to TN to VA to CA and extended visits all over the east coast, never have i seen the propensity towards brand-identification that is epitomized by the flatbiller and surfer communities that flourish in SoCal.

mtbr member
    huh?

mtbr member

It has everything to do with Socal..

It has everything to do with Socal..Especially since I live here, ride here and am asking YOU(the people who live here) if you know anything about this seat! Have you seen it around SOCAL? Do you know anyone in SOCAL that has one? What store in SOCAL might have them? Are you getting it yet? So, Does anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.

Stray Bullet
    It has everything to do with Socal..Especially since I live here, ride here and am asking YOU(the people who live here) if you know anything about this seat! Have you seen it around SOCAL? Do you know anyone in SOCAL that has one? What store in SOCAL might have them? Are you getting it yet? So, Does anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.
    You didn't ask any of that in your original post.

This post belongs in the General forum, not here.

Save this place for SoCal specific issues.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Why is this here?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    what's in a name? well, in this case FUN!!!!!!
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You didn't ask any of that in your original post.

This post belongs in the General forum, not here.

Save this place for SoCal specific issues.
    1. You are not a mod. And fwiw, it should be in a Seats and Seatpost forum (coming soon).
    2. People like to get recommendations from their peers, people they may have met in the past, as well as bolstering ties to a community that they could interact with in the future. I see posting anything in local forums as a viable option. They are like de-centralized General forum anyways.

mtbr member
    You belong in the San Diego zoo

mtbr member
    Also, this was in my first post, "Anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.". If I knew that the "forum nazi" was going to be all over my jock, I would've specified. Also, why would I post this in the general forum?? So Billybob from Montana can tell me that his cousin Jed has the seat and loves it. Oh yeah, and that he bought it in flippin Helena?? How does that help me? I'd rather not fly to Helena, MT to look at this seat before buying it. Quit playing computer commando and loosen up. If you have no positive feedback, don't be a douche about it. I'm just trying to get some info from the people AROUND me and maybe the availability of the product in THIS AREA. Maybe tomorrow I'll start a new thread asking if you guys/girls from Southern Cali happen to know what the temperature in Fargo will be.. Or how much a Boston Terrier costs.. Or if you want to buy candy from my neighbors kid....

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    He's stereotyping Socal as a bunch of mindless, whiny babies who b!tch about pointless BS like logos on seats. F@ckin teenagers.
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

Stray Bullet
    Also, this was in my first post, "Anyone have any feedback on this saddle? There are only 2 reviews on this site, and both seem excited about it.. it's just not enough to push me to buy just yet.". If I knew that the "forum nazi" was going to be all over my jock, I would've specified. Also, why would I post this in the general forum?? So Billybob from Montana can tell me that his cousin Jed has the seat and loves it. Oh yeah, and that he bought it in flippin Helena?? How does that help me? I'd rather not fly to Helena, MT to look at this seat before buying it. Quit playing computer commando and loosen up. If you have no positive feedback, don't be a douche about it. I'm just trying to get some info from the people AROUND me and maybe the availability of the product.. Maybe tomorrow I'll start a new thread asking if you guys/girls from Southern Cali happen to know what the temperature in Fargo will be.. Or how much a Boston Terrier costs.. Or if you want to buy candy from my neighbors kid....
    Next time maybe you should ask if any local shops have it in stock?

If Billy Bob in Montana has the Funn saddle and is super stoked on it, why wouldn't you just order it. Never mind how he likes it is meaningless to how you will like it.

Good luck buddy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    all this fussin' and a feudin' over a stinkin' saddle?

dude.. what is it.. $20 bucks? just don't buy any Pokemon cards for a couple weeks. you'll be able to afford it.
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

mtbr member
    The truth is, I have a list of 30 bike shops I got on line yesterday. I stopped calling them after the 11th one on the list said "no, we don't have it". Not one shop has the stuff. The majority of these shops never heard of the company FUNN. And seats are like shoes to me. I need to actually have it in my hand in order to see if I like it. It's not like, lets say a seatpost, where you know what you're getting into and can just click on the purchase button. It's a new company, and I didn't want to rush into the seat if I didn't have to.. I'm just having a tough time finding it. And I'm no so sure that I would trust billybobs judgement.. I'll just get the thing on line now. Thanks for the input people.

mtbr member
    Actually, it's about $50-60. I'll just have your chick throw it on her credit card for me.. She owes me anyway.. Thanks for the input.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    F.U.N.N. does not have a big presence anywhere in the USA as far as I know. I mostly see their stuff for sale in the UK.

Their website is almost impossible to find and you will have a hard time finding their products in any shops in this area. Sometimes I see some of their stuff on e-bay.

I know this because I have a F.U.N.N. Baby Bertha front hub and have tried to find more of their products. I have no idea how the saddle is, but I can tell you if they make a saddle anywhere near as good as the their hubs, it would be worth looking into, but I wouldn't expect their customer service to be easily accessed with such an obscure presence.

Lord of the Chainrings
    How lame are the names: "Chumba", "Jack-in-the-Box", "Pep Boys", "Giant"?

There's a taco company actually called the Pink Taco.

Got your attention and sticks in your mind, doesn't it?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    You could black out the N's. Would that logo make you happy?

mtbr member

Fu

I wouldn't mind that at all! I decided and just ordered it. It's a great looking seat, so F it. And I've noticed that it seems to be pretty popular in the UK. I actually had a stock pair of FUNN handlebars on my gemini when I bought it years ago. I figured they were cheese so had them quickly replaced. Maybe it's a name that we will be seeing alot more of in the future. Any of you F'ers ever ride at the LaCosta reserve?

mtbr member
    And I've noticed that it seems to be pretty popular in the UK.
    So you trust people in SoCal and the Uk, but not Montana?

Lord of the Chainrings
    Ya cannon858, I ride La Costa almost daily. Why do you ask?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Montana was an example, and so was cousin Jed. And I've been to La Costa a handfull of times in the past and only have seen 3 people or so. I usually go on Wed, Thurs or Fridays around 12 or so and I like the place. I just wasn't sure if anyone else does. I guess it's scarse because those are normal work hours..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast