mtbr member
    Jul 2003

... and if we just ... How good was the riding today!! (Sat 2/28)

after a day or so of no rain, perfect blue skies and temp in the 60s, today was one of the best riding days I can remember.

a group and I did a 19 mile loop "around the mountain" at box springs park in Riverside. The "two trees" trail was in pretty sad shape after all the rain, but it was still one of the most fun days of riding in my life!

so how was your saturday ride?

DOH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bm_stark
    after a day or so of no rain, perfect blue skies and temp in the 60s, today was one of the best riding days I can remember.

a group and I did a 19 mile loop "around the mountain" at box springs park in Riverside. The "two trees" trail was in pretty sad shape after all the rain, but it was still one of the most fun days of riding in my life!

Road in the trails in Chino/Rim Crest. Some muddy areas still. My bike was caked with about 3-5lbs of mud. But I agree, today was a perfect day for riding.

Just passing through....

Couldn't ride today, sadly......

But I'm heading to Chino Hills Monday morning. I hope that its dried some, or I will have to avoid some of my favorite singletrack to keep from doing damage.

[paste title here]
    I rode bonelli park today and it was really muddy. When we got onto the trail mud, was already sticking on the tires. It was a nice day to ride though but it was really cold. We went there around 7:30 am and it was freezing. Other than the cold and mud it was actually a pretty fun ride. Of course cleaning the mud off was another story....

Heres a shot from the ride. Still some water from the rains.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Chino Hills was closed at Soquel Canyon entrance

Quote Originally Posted by bm_stark

Would have been a heck of a lot better if the rangers at Chino Hills State Park had opened the entrance gate! What the heck, I understand that the park is sometimes closed after the rain, but it hadn't rained since Wednesday! It's also annoying that there is no phone number or website you can check to determine if the park is open without driving over... what a waste.

Oddly enough, the only trail damage I see there is from the pickup trucks the rangers insist on driving on the trails, leaving 6" deep tracks.

I'm often tempted to just throw my bike over the gate, but I've heard the penalities for "trespass" in CHSP are fairly steep.

cask conditioned

Perfect

Rode Lower Merrill, Mid Merrill and Sunset today. The views from Inspiration Pt. were clear and limitless. Rode some Santa Monicas yesterday too. Everything's been nice and grippy and surprisingly dry.

Ya, right.

Saturday ride

Rode my usual trail late Saturday morning. It was/is a bit of a challenge what with the new ruts in the middle of the hills. It's almost like a new trail now

Just got back from my ride today(Sunday) and I think I have the new rain induced ruts figured out. Already looking forward to my ride tomorrow morning

What is it about mountain biking that is so darn addicting?? Whatever it is, I'm glad I'm hooked.
    Last edited by DSDuke; 02-29-2004 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Typo