mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Holy Jim's Canyon

Hello i was wondering if any one could give me directions on how to get to the entrance to holy jims canyon
    this would be for offroading not mountain biking unless there are any moutain bike spots out there
    all i know is that its in trabuco canyon
    i have been offroading there before but i cannot recall the streets to get there
    thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantoffroad
    Hello i was wondering if any one could give me directions on how to get to the entrance to holy jims canyon
    this would be for offroading not mountain biking unless there are any moutain bike spots out there
    all i know is that its in trabuco canyon
    i have been offroading there before but i cannot recall the streets to get there
    thanks for the help
    Holy Jim is a trail in the Cleveland National Forest and motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trail. Trabuco canyon road is the dirt road that takes you down the canyon to Holy Jim trail and there are often some trucks and jeeps playing around in the area where it intersects with Live Oak Canyon rd, across the street from O'neill Regional Park...maybe that is what you are thinking of.

mtbr member

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by EJBlur
    Holy Jim is a trail in the Cleveland National Forest and motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trail. Trabuco canyon road is the dirt road that takes you down the canyon to Holy Jim trail and there are often some trucks and jeeps playing around in the area where it intersects with Live Oak Canyon rd, across the street from O'neill Regional Park...maybe that is what you are thinking of.
    It is just a dirt road (I was there on Sat)

mtbr member

Nope

Holy Jim Cyn is off of the Trabuco cyn dirt road once you get past Oniel park on Live Oak, you cross the bridge and make the left onto the dirt road that is Trabuco Cyn, go back 5 or so miles on the dirt road until you reach the stone walls with the left turn onto Holy Jim. Park at the intersection of the 2 dirt roads and make the left on you're bike. Last time I was up there there was a half mile or so of hike a bike over logs and rockpiles and then a tough climb to main devide, many switch backs.

mtbr member

Here are some direction

from the 5 freeway take El Toro and head towards the hills. You go on that for awhile then take a right at cooks corner, there will be a bunch of motorcycles there. the road is then windy and has the trees hanging over. You then cross a bridge and there will be a dirt rode on your left. good 4x4 to the right of the main rode.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

i still cant find it

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=

on this map were could it be found?

Warrior's Society

If you go out there to ride off road.......keep your speed down. There are quite a few blind turns. I can't tell you how many times I have almost been hit by some ass in a 4x4 who thinks that area out there is for them to race on like the Baja 500.

mtnbikej

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Press the NE button 7 times and then you'll see Trabuco Creek Rd....that is the dirt road.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thanks soo much thats exactly what i was looking for