b a n n e d

Holy hikers, batman

FYI, there's an organized bi-weekly hike taking place on Saturdays in the SM's. Its organized by CalParks, I believe and yesterday we ran into them. About 40-50 hikers who essentially made the trail unpassable by bike. Yes, I realize they could/should share, and I'm sure they would have been happy to do so, but with that many people I would have ended up hiking the bike along with them.

Just an FYI to keep your eye out . . . I don't know if there's a website that lists the planned location or not, but if you find it post it here so riders can be aware. I also realize that this is likely part of the "January Resolution" and will likely diminish to some extent.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    FYI, there's an organized bi-weekly hike taking place on Saturdays in the SM's. Its organized by CalParks, I believe and yesterday we ran into them. About 40-50 hikers who essentially made the trail unpassable by bike. Yes, I realize they could/should share, and I'm sure they would have been happy to do so, but with that many people I would have ended up hiking the bike along with them.

Just an FYI to keep your eye out . . . I don't know if there's a website that lists the planned location or not, but if you find it post it here so riders can be aware. I also realize that this is likely part of the "January Resolution" and will likely diminish to some extent.
    Ha. there was a similar event down here in our Lagunas last year that involved 100 HORSES. I didn't find out about it until I was literally rolling away from my van. Needless to say, I kept a sharp eye out down trail for any sign of them that day, but I never did cross paths with them. I sure DID cross paths with where they had already BEEN...
    Last edited by Old Ray; 01-13-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.