mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Hit and run on bicyclist in Griffith park

Hey everyone. On Feb 17th a bicyclist was hit and then dragged by a vehicle in the Griffith Park area in LA.
    I only heard about this because the uncle of the victim posted it to a diesel truck forum I frequent. The victim was almost killed, has several broken bones, and had to have his left leg amputated. Authorities are looking for a grey Toyota Sienna van with a For Sale sign with the number (213) XXX-0776 posted in the rear window.
    If you haven't heard or read about it, here are a couple links.
    Cyclist's leg amputated after crash with minivan near Griffith Park - latimes.com
    Damian Kevitt, LA Biker, Dragged Onto Freeway Ramp By Hit-And-Run Driver (VIDEO)
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    I hate hearing stories like this. What a mega dirt bag. I ride to work almost every day and even though my commute is short I get my share of moronic drivers. Just the other day I had a guy trying to get in the turn lane lock up his brakes behind me and then honk at me like I did something wrong. There is another guy who drives a diesel who likes to down shift and floor it so his truck pours out black smoke all over me. He has done this twice and it is deliberate. One of these days I am going to catch him at a stoplight.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Even before I posted this today, I had an experience that reminded me of how much people really don't give a damn about bicyclists. I was riding the shoulder of a 2 lane road. I was on a long straight flat section, with 2 cars coming towards me. As the 2 cars got to the point of passing my location, the 2nd car decided that was the perfect time to pass the 1st. Nothing like watching a car coming towards you move into your lane just as they approach.

If you catch that diesel driver, while you're whoopin his ass let him know that only *****es blow smoke. I hate the d-bags that think they need to roll coal because they drive a diesel. My truck doesn't smoke, and that's the way it should be...
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

Life Is Short
    Holy Shiites! A guy takes a mid morning asphalt bike ride no less on a Sunday
    and ends up losing a leg and possibly his other? And the person who hit him
    sped away without any witnesses. Serious? A Sunday at Griffith Park?
    I hope they catch this a_____hole
    Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    It was probably an Asian from the golf course there