Thread: Hi So Cal Newb

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Hi So Cal Newb

Sup guys, picking up my new GT Avalanche 2.0 next Friday. I'm pumped for this! Im actually selling this:

I built that Dyno from scratch. Bought it on craigslist for $50. Making some good money selling it to a buddy of mine and using it all on a MTB. I'll post pics of it next week when I get it. I'm already buying parts for it!

Cheers
    Bryan

Ninja Master Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by XDEEDUBBX
    Sup guys, picking up my new GT Avalanche 2.0 next Friday. I'm pumped for this! Im actually selling this:

I built that Dyno from scratch. Bought it on craigslist for $50. Making some good money selling it to a buddy of mine and using it all on a MTB. I'll post pics of it next week when I get it. I'm already buying parts for it!

Cheers
    Bryan
    Where did you get that stand with the wheels?
    I would like to have a couple of them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I got it from a mom and pop bike shop in Torrance. I've seen some at target as well. I'm going to be using that stand for my mtb

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I just totally changed my mind today. Checked out JAX cycles in Long Beach and immediately fell in love with the trek 3900D! Its actually $20 cheaper than the GT Avalanche 2.0. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks,
    Last edited by XDEEDUBBX; 11-12-2010 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Welcome to So Cal.

I have a little experience with the Treks. If you can afford it I would go up to the 4xxx series and if you know you're going to love mountain biking, go up to the 6xxx series.

The 3900 is pretty low on components and you might find yourself breaking parts or unhappy with the quality if you ride hard.

Then again, any bike is better than no bike so good luck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    thanks for the info. I picked the bike up today and im loving it so far. I mean, im coming from a cheap target/ mongoose full suspension to this. Night and day. 75% urban riding, 25% trails, so this actually suits me fine!

Here's a pic of it earlier today while I was at the shop picking it up

Quote Originally Posted by mmcverry
    Welcome to So Cal.

I have a little experience with the Treks. If you can afford it I would go up to the 4xxx series and if you know you're going to love mountain biking, go up to the 6xxx series.

The 3900 is pretty low on components and you might find yourself breaking parts or unhappy with the quality if you ride hard.

Then again, any bike is better than no bike so good luck!

master blaster
    Welcome to so cal and enjoy the new ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    thanks velo. I really have no complaints about the bike, nor have I pushed it to its limits. But so far so good. I picked up a dual headlight setup today and taillight. Love LED's!