mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Help a visitor out..

Visiting next week from Colorado and looking for some trail rides in the palm springs and San diego area.

Suggestions?

good bike shops for info and maps?

Thanks, happy holidays!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just about all the info you need can be found at MountainBikeBill's Mountain biking Trail Reviews, Videos and Pictures.

I am not aware of anything like the awesome Lat 40 maps (available for/in CO) for S. California. You're best off printing individual, detailed maps for each specific area you decide to ride and/or finding gps tracks.

Are you looking for shuttle rides, short, long, XC...?

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks..

Looking for some short-long fun XC rides.. wouldn't mind a shuttle day but with the GF on trail bikes (enduro, 575) and don't want to get into a fight because I took her down the gnarliest ride in SoCal..

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Where are you staying? The Palm Canyon Epic is the best ride out that way and it's definitely a shuttle. There are some knarly sections for sure and a guy even died from dehydraition last Spring. Right up the road from the Epic trail-head is the hamlet of Idyllwild with Hurkey Creek (my favorite loop up there) and Alvin Meadows.

Just north of the San Diego County line is the San Juan Trail (shuttle or out and back....all up, then all down) and the San Clemente Singletracks. Down in SD, the best riding is out east at Noble Canyon and the trail network of the Big Laguna Trail (BLT)

Sled of Lead.
    If you're out in Palm Springs, and can arrange a shuttle, The Palm Canyon Epic is a must-do.

The Palm Canyon Epic

If you can't arrange a shuttle, I've heard of people hiring a taxi to drive them up to Pine View Drive. Costly but might not be too bad if split a couple ways.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks..

Not sure where we are staying, maybe camping in Joshua Tree.. maybe a hotel in palm springs.. kind of just jumping in the car and going with the flow..