Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help needed identifying Sullivan Canyon single track

5K views 50 replies 11 participants last post by  stencil 
#1 ·
Hi,
I usually ride the casual westridge trail (Nike site and then down to the canyon with all the white bricks "carpets"). I went there last week, kept riding on dirt mulholland, past a yellow gate, and then I found a really cool singletrack. I didn't have time to explore it, and I'm guessing its well known. According to the map, it just ends at some point. Can someone tell me more about this trail?
In the pic you can see my starting point, that's exactly where this single track starts to head down.
Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
shout out to kdiff who I saw arrive at the top of widowmaker exact time as me today

Widowmaker is a much more fun run in dry loose conditions, it was too easy in the wet traction stuff, I like it now, all loose and more rutted

Here is video from today as I started learning the trail and adding some juice.

Its broken into 2 sections, because I stopped to push back up as I was not happy with how I cleared the one part, wanted to do it better which I did 2nd time.

widowmaker top half
wm top half - YouTube

widowmaker lower half
wm bottom half - YouTube

uploaded in 1080p yeah baby

#37 ·
Hey jasonjm, it was good meeting you today. I did a second run down, but figured I would ride around back up rather than push back up. Thanks for the tips on the other trails. I checked out Upper & Lower Jedi after Widowmaker. (Passed Squirrel Cage so I had to do some backtracking to get back to my truck on Bayliss. Cost me a couple extra miles, but still a fun time.)

#38 ·
FYI - on lower Jedi someone rebuilt the jump that comes shortly after the right then left berms on the right side (pretty much the only 2 berms on the trail shortly before the final section of the trail). It's much bigger than before, so use caution if you haven't hit it lately.

Cheers

Rob

#40 · (Edited)
FYI - on lower Jedi someone rebuilt the jump that comes shortly after the right then left berms on the right side (pretty much the only 2 berms on the trail shortly before the final section of the trail). It's much bigger than before, so use caution if you haven't hit it lately.

Cheers

Rob
If you scroll back in this thread there is a video I posted here called Santa Monica mountains. Last 5 seconds of that video is me hitting that new jump at moderate speed.

I'm hitting it full speed now. Probably landing 20 feet out and 10 vertical feet.

Also the berm into this jump was repaired

#51 ·
Hey all - just getting back into MTB after years off from being on the east coast.

For context, I used to be a pretty aggressive rider, did some NORBA races, and all that.

That said, I'm older now and out of practice (and probably not as good of a climber despite having kept in shape).

All these trails look amazing, but which one would you say is a good start for a re-noob? Rogers Road?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.