Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hectic (lower) is really fast but not really too tech, just steep. Easier than the other trails being discussed.
    Came across a good discussion + vid & photos of Widowmaker here
    I yard-saled so hard on WM a few years ago...I was trying to show off for a group of hikers on the benches at the bottom on my hardtail and wound up riding home with my scraped & bloody ass hanging out of what was left of my spandex. Some dude whistled at me while I was crossing Wilshire Blvd.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Great video.

Hmm... now I'm thinking I need a full face helmet.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Want me to post my videos of me smashing in full face helmets? I have lots of those. I don't think I would have any front teeth without full face

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post
    Want me to post my videos of me smashing in full face helmets? I have lots of those. I don't think I would have any front teeth without full face
    Kinda, yeah.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yes definitely post them up! I don't ride with a full-face, I guess that's one excuse for me to wimp out on the dangerous stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i deleted almost all my video, was taking up too much space, could only salvage one crash where i was happy i was wearing FF (but there have been about 15 times so far)

ouch - YouTube

mtbr member
    yeah I learned to ride with a FF the hard way (while in a park with tall trees at least).
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    i deleted almost all my video, was taking up too much space, could only salvage one crash where i was happy i was wearing FF (but there have been about 15 times so far)

ouch - YouTube
    Dang - good thing you leaned left instead of right. That looks like a decent drop.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah I didn't know trail and thought I could shortcut straight. It happened so quick I didn't have time to do anything, just fell

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yeah I didn't know trail and thought I could shortcut straight. It happened so quick I didn't have time to do anything, just fell
    That's how I rearranged my chin in the 90s in San Diego.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    shout out to kdiff who I saw arrive at the top of widowmaker exact time as me today

Widowmaker is a much more fun run in dry loose conditions, it was too easy in the wet traction stuff, I like it now, all loose and more rutted

Here is video from today as I started learning the trail and adding some juice.

Its broken into 2 sections, because I stopped to push back up as I was not happy with how I cleared the one part, wanted to do it better which I did 2nd time.

widowmaker top half
    wm top half - YouTube

widowmaker lower half
    wm bottom half - YouTube

uploaded in 1080p yeah baby

mtbr member
    Hey jasonjm, it was good meeting you today. I did a second run down, but figured I would ride around back up rather than push back up. Thanks for the tips on the other trails. I checked out Upper & Lower Jedi after Widowmaker. (Passed Squirrel Cage so I had to do some backtracking to get back to my truck on Bayliss. Cost me a couple extra miles, but still a fun time.)

mtbr member
    FYI - on lower Jedi someone rebuilt the jump that comes shortly after the right then left berms on the right side (pretty much the only 2 berms on the trail shortly before the final section of the trail). It's much bigger than before, so use caution if you haven't hit it lately.

Cheers

Rob

mtbr member
    I built that jump years ago, it's definitely eroded over time and needed to be rebuilt. hopefully whoever did it actually did a good job, there's been a bunch of sh1t built on jedi over that past couple years.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by robncircus View Post
    FYI - on lower Jedi someone rebuilt the jump that comes shortly after the right then left berms on the right side (pretty much the only 2 berms on the trail shortly before the final section of the trail). It's much bigger than before, so use caution if you haven't hit it lately.

Cheers

Rob
    If you scroll back in this thread there is a video I posted here called Santa Monica mountains. Last 5 seconds of that video is me hitting that new jump at moderate speed.

I'm hitting it full speed now. Probably landing 20 feet out and 10 vertical feet.

Also the berm into this jump was repaired
    Last edited by jasonjm; 12-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Also just before that there is a new bigger gap jump too in video

mtbr member
    If you scroll back in this thread there is a video I posted here called Santa Monica mountains. Last 5 seconds of that video is me hitting that new jump at moderate speed.

I'm hitting it full speed now. Probably landing 20 feet out and 10 vertical feet.

Also the berm into this jump was repaired
    yeah the berms look great. New jump is just much bigger than the old jump if a rider isn't prepared.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    see there really wasnt any point to keeping my full face crashes on video

I can almost post one new one a week I think

full face part 2 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Quick edit from the Jedi Trails last week. Thought I'd share.

Friday Group Ride from Rob Clouthier on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Cool video Rob! Do those jumps have a lot of upward pop to them? When I was up there the other day I thought they looked a little intimidating. They don't look that bad in the video, but I know video can be deceiving.

mtbr member
    They are not bad at all. You can see from the lady I was following you can kind of just ride off them if you want. It you want to go big that's an option too. They look worse in person than they are.

mtbr member
    Cool, haven't seen a vid of jdrop in a while. The last time I rode it the rut down the middle was pretty cavernous.
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    May 2011
    no man that video is upper jedi, then lower jedi, then squirrl

here is jdrop

Bouncing camera, motion sickness central oh yeah - YouTube

Stray Bullet
    I'm a hater for sure but, do you seriously push your DH bike up to Jedi?

mtbr member
    no man that video is upper jedi, then lower jedi, then squirrl

here is jdrop

Bouncing camera, motion sickness central oh yeah - YouTube

ugh I'm an idiot and didn't read that. I was wondering why it looked so much like squirrel hah.

wow, backbone
    Last edited by PerfectZero; 12-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    definite malingerer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast