trail rat

Help needed, building trails first bike access in over 25 years

Oates Peak trail phase three final build at Montana de Oro State Park begins this Saturday February 23. We guestimate that we will be building trail from Saturday the 23rd thru at least Sunday, March 3rd. As you know, this is NEW trail, open to BIKES for the first time in over 25 years! You want more trails to ride? They ARE happening, come help us complete them.

CCCMB really needs your help on any of those days - but particularly on the weekends February 23 & 24 and March 2 & 3. We meet behind MdO Park Headquarters at the Quonset Hut at 8:00am and work till late afternoon. BUT shorter days work just fine, an 8 hour commitment is not necessary. Arrive or leave at whatever times work for you.

Good news: this time we will be working much closer to the bottom of the trail so the walk in and out is only about a 1/2 mile.
    Not the best news: there is poison oak BUT folks can focus entirely on finishing dirt work and avoid contact. Wearing long pants, sleeves and gloves is always wise however.

Please let me know if you think you might be able to help out. I need to keep track of how many volunteers we will have on each day.

We are within striking distance after all these years! Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.
    If you can come out, please EMAIL Greg@cccmb.org
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help needed, building trails first bike access in over 25 years-704284.jpg  

Help needed, building trails first bike access in over 25 years-704672.jpg  

Help needed, building trails first bike access in over 25 years-img_3708.jpg  

Help needed, building trails first bike access in over 25 years-pc032169.jpg  

Help needed, building trails first bike access in over 25 years-pc052170.jpg  

CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    wish i lived closer to SLO, would be out there in a heartbeat to help.
    nothing witty here...

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Awesome! I plan to move to SLO later this year so this is great news. Sorry I am not there to help now. I do trailwork here in San Diego when I get the chance but I must admit I have missed some recent opportunities to get out there.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Awesome news! I hiked or ran many times to Oates Peak when I went to school in SLO. From the top you can see big waves break, then a couple seconds later you hear the roar! Montana de Oro is a real nugget of a park. We're going to try and make it down next weekend.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 02-22-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey