MTB fanatic
    Jul 2005

Help...looking for trails around Fresno

Howdy all, I just moved to Lemoore from SC and FL. I was hoping there would be some good riding out this way. I looked at the trails listed on this website for central CA, but it seems that all those trails haven't been reviewed since 2004. Please help this eastcoaster find a place to ride.

Rob
    "Speed kills...oh well, we've all gotta go some time!"

Big Drops
    Nov 2004
    A resource you may want to take a look at is spatdog.com.
    Local mtb club that organizes an annual race near Shaver Lake.

MTB fanatic
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Downhill Dawg
    A resource you may want to take a look at is spatdog.com.
    Local mtb club that organizes an annual race near Shaver Lake.
    Thanks DD, I'll check it out.

Rob

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Head East

From Lemoore, head east on 198. Stop by Tri-Sport in Visalia and ask about the Case Mountain/Skyline area up in Three Rivers. They have maps and can give you good tips. Hell of a climb, but great, really fast singletrack all the way down. There are various technical sections, mostly as side trails (Creek Trail).

There are some good trails to the northeast outside of Fresno, especially Squaws leap.

I know there is some riding up above Porterville and Springville around Camp Nelson, but I haven't rode that area.

To the southeast, hit up Kern Canyon Trail outside of Bakersfield up near Lake Isabella.

Enjoy!

member: kv dirt daddies

riding around Fresno

It looks like Lemoore is South of Fresno a little. I am not sure how long the drive would be but there are several good trails in the Camp Nelson/Quaking Aspen area. We just rode one last week and it was a blast. We are already planning other rides up there. I think Alta Seirra wouldn't be too far away (it is the summit on hwy 155). There are many great rides that start on or near that area. The Kernville/Lake Isabella area has many trails but it is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Fresno. I would think if you came down here you would have to stay more than one day to make the drive worth it. I hope this helps some and let me know if I can help further.

MTB fanatic
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll buzz by tri-sports and get a map for the Three Rivers area and try it out. Thanks again.

Rob