Dat mah bike, punk!

Hazards Cyclesport Stanta Barbara SUCKS ASS

I am never going to Hazards cyclesport AGAIN.

I was there the other day, the 4TH TIME, and let me tell you, i've tried each time to get what i wanted, feel good about my purchase, and leave. earlier, one mechanic tried to convince me that a 3mm road shifter cable housing will work for my mtb(mostly because they didn't have any mtb shifter housing left). what kind of crap is that?

Just last sunday i'm there buying a headset. He finds me a cheapo $15 aheadset, is reluctant to give it to me..he wants to hold onto it until i'm at the counter..

then i asked about some pedals with traction pins. He's all "oh yeah we don't sell that kind of stuff anymore. We're trying to steer DH and BMX'ers away from our store, as they've been stealing sh!t, and they usu. don't spend much." WTF?!

He goes on to say how they're becoming more a "triathalete" store...LIES! they're the high end Santa Cruz and Specialized dealer in town, and don't want BMX/DH business anymore. Meanwhile, i'm browsing the store, and ummm he's following me around!!! WTF!?! OK i ain't pretty, but i wasn't lookin like a thief-bum either!

So i'm all "FUKK DIS CHIT" and chucked him my platinum card, paid for my cheapo headset, and said PEAAAZ....MUCH....

never again....LATES HAZARDS...have a nice life
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Village Dirtbag
    I'd recommend Velo Pro for Santa Cruz or DH stuff, and the Bike Barn in Santa Maria for Specialized.

I thought that one shop just before the overpass, near that cafe', was the 'triathelete' store. There was another one that seemed to cater to roadies/tri guys between State and 101 too. I can't remember the name of either shop, but the point is it seems they're entering a pretty saturated market.

I've stopped into Hazards before, but have never been all that impressed.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    I'd recommend Velo Pro for Santa Cruz or DH stuff, and the Bike Barn in Santa Maria for Specialized.

I thought that one shop just before the overpass, near that cafe', was the 'triathelete' store. There was another one that seemed to cater to roadies/tri guys between State and 101 too. I can't remember the name of either shop, but the point is it seems they're entering a pretty saturated market.

I've stopped into Hazards before, but have never been all that impressed.
    yeah velo's been great, and they have even less space to tool on bikes...yeah hazards just moved to a new location...i like their location, real easy parking, but the shop is turning to poo.
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Glad to Be Alive
    what an insult....Fuc those guys
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

rollin
    they don't stock DT spokes either.

Unshaven Yak
    I feel bad saying this 'cause I actually know one of the mechanics & he's a good guy...but that is pretty bad & they never have anything in stock.

Shame, I remember the days I used to say hi to Shaums March pulling his Foes out of the back of his pickup behind the old-old store.

Saw this tri thing happening when they hooked up with the snooty running/hiking shoe store a few years back.

By the way, Velopro isn't the local Santa Cruz dealer anymore, they had a falling out with the company so Hazards got the deal. Last time I was at Hazards though, there was only one SC on the showroom floor (VP has at least three & a couple frames left). Doesn't strike me as a good way to sell bikes.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Weaksauce, lately I've had a lot of comments from friends (DH/FR people) telling me how good the service is in hazards.
    [SIZE=4]JackNugz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap