Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Have bike, will ride. (Palm Desert for xmas)

Hey there
    I'm heading down to Palm Desert to visit family for xmas but seeing as though I'll have so much free time on my hands, I can't leave my trusty stead behind!

Would love company (oh, and I suppose a trail guide to, if that's not too much to ask. ) Also open to trail suggestions. (So far I've gathered Hurkey Creek -Idylwild, The Goat Trails and SART - anything else?)

Planning to head down 5 sometime on Tuesday and will be in the area through the 28th?
    Up for pretty much anything. I might be a girl, but I can hang ok... not a super speedy, but tough.

Thanks, and have a dirt-filled christmas

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Anyone up for a shuttle Palm Canyon ride sometime between Christmas and New Year's?
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Probably too far for me as I'm in upper LA county and may have to work through most of the holidays.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You might want to post something here:

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/trailhead/

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    MTP - how can the words shuttle and mountain biking combine to make anything but sweet...? I'd up for that.

Cool - thanks on the trailhead tip, will have to check that out... MTBR is that for us in norcal.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    I'll be riding through christmas. Send a PM if you want the low down or want to get together for a ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'll be in Palm Desert also, 27th-29th. I'd love to meet up for a Palm Canyon shuttle. I'd also like to get some local guidance in the goat trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Palm Desert/ Idyllwild Trails

Hi, I was here a for a month last year, and now just bought a place here (Rancho Mirage) and I don't have any riding buddies, so pls contact me if you want to ride. Also, I have a 4-place bike rack so I'm down for the Palm Canyon shuttle deal, also my friend is injured right now so she would be happy to shuttle us, she likes to drive. I think I have a good handle on the trails here, I just raged for 4 hours in Idyllwild on the Hurkey Creek trails today...amazing. Here's a video I took last week of the Bump & Grind trail, it looks freakey but its not bad, the freakiness is a result of my wide angle lens on my little helmet cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RBBkkrT6M

Oh and here is the Art Smith Trail which is close by too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLdOkFBaiQ

Hope to hear from you DurtySkirt, or any others that want to ride!

Thanks! JP

jms
    mtbr member

Art Smith

The Art Smith trail before the annual closure would be a good choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

mtbr member
    I'll also be in Palm Desert. Anyone want to ride on the 24th? I won't have time for the full Palm Canyon shuttle, but maybe Dunn/Art Smith or some other local stuff.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by burner
    I'll also be in Palm Desert. Anyone want to ride on the 24th? I won't have time for the full Palm Canyon shuttle, but maybe Dunn/Art Smith or some other local stuff.
    I'm riding on the 24th in the morning and Art Smith is a definite possibility. Send me a PM if you want to hook up. If not Art Smith we'll do something good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Count me In

Hey guys, count me in on a ride, I'll get up early if I have to.....I mean its not like I don't have cold weather gear, I'm from Minnesota after all!
    JP LaMere
    Phone USA: (612) 326-4183
    Web: LaMereCycles.com or Facebook.com/LaMereCycles
    Email: lamerecycles@gmail.com

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1
    Hey guys, count me in on a ride, I'll get up early if I have to.....I mean its not like I don't have cold weather gear, I'm from Minnesota after all!
    Cool. I'll send you a PM with time and place once we know. Rode this morning in the light rain - temp was great. Conditions should be stellar for Thursday.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    We're meeting Thursday the 24th at 7am in Cathedral City in the large parking lot just west of Cathedral Canyon Drive. I think the nearest cross street is Palo Verde or Bankside. There is a Mattress Store in the corner of the parking lot. Plan on about 20 miles. Dunn, Hahn, Murry, Goat Trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Aiyiyi.... got buried in the holiday chaos! Finally got down here today (long drive - with my bike in the rear view mirror - definitely jones'n for a ride)

Bummer I missed yesterday but would love to plan something any of the next 3 days?

Should I put a stake in the ground and shoot for Sunday? Anyone ??

destination unknown
    May 2008
    We'll be riding sunday morning probably about 8am... thinking Art Smith Trail from Cat City.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Cool. Perfect. Can you let me know where the trailhead is? My sister said she knows, but it's possible there are multiple entrances. Also, do you have an approx time so I can set expectations properly with the fam (will be gone 2, 4,6 hours...)?

thx

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyskirt
    Cool. Perfect. Can you let me know where the trailhead is? My sister said she knows, but it's possible there are multiple entrances. Also, do you have an approx time so I can set expectations properly with the fam (will be gone 2, 4,6 hours...)?

thx
    We'll start the ride in cat city. We can shuttle it or ride the road back to our starting point from palm desert. We need to work that part out (see who's in, etc). The ride takes about 2.5 hrs not counting the shuttle/road ride. I'll post details later.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I can fit 3 bikes / 3 ppl for a shuttle, but am also happy to ride back on the road.

Is there an intersection to look for in cat city?

destination unknown
    May 2008
    I can fit 3 bikes / 3 ppl for a shuttle, but am also happy to ride back on the road.

Is there an intersection to look for in cat city?
    Let's shuttle from the Starbucks parking lot in Palm Desert, corner of HWY 111 and HWY 74/Monterey. 7:30am ok? I have a truck + T2 rack for transport.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    It's set. We're meeting at starbucks in palm desert at 7:30am. This is the ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16999583

Join if you want.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Perfect!! YAY! See ya there at 7:30.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Perfect!! YAY! See ya there at 7:30.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Sorry I've got to miss it. Have a great ride!
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hey 'yall, I don't know you, but I'm down from Victoria, BC and looking to ride so I think I'll show up for this if it's alright. See you @ 730!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast