mtbr member

Good friend crashed hard last night...

Last night Tues. 6/10 Dennis, a good friend of mine crashed hard at Chantry Flatts. He and friend Mark were riding at night (not the first time, these guys are very experienced riders). Dennis lost control and tumbled 150 feet down a cliff. Search and Rescue were called in and after hours of searching finally found him. Thick fog made it especially hard to find him by early morning he was in the ambulance and on his way to the hospital. He was banged up pretty bad, injured knee, stitches to face and arm and lots of road rash but he should make a full recovery. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and kids.
    I can see myself wrecking and ruining but I can't stop myself...

Glad to Be Alive
    man prayers to him and family...glad to here he will have a full recovery....150 ft is lucky
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Very lucky guy! Sounds like he's going to come out of it ok though. I'll send one up for him tonight.

Kevin

mtbr member
    wow 150ft- that sounds like a bad dream that I have. Glad to hear he's ok. Chantry has got some scary exposure in places- I don't think I'd ever ride that at night and I consider myself pretty adventurous-

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchromewheelssuck
    Last night Tues. 6/10 Dennis, a good friend of mine crashed hard at Chantry Flatts. He and friend Mark were riding at night (not the first time, these guys are very experienced riders). Dennis lost control and tumbled 150 feet down a cliff. Search and Rescue were called in and after hours of searching finally found him. Thick fog made it especially hard to find him by early morning he was in the ambulance and on his way to the hospital. He was banged up pretty bad, injured knee, stitches to face and arm and lots of road rash but he should make a full recovery. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and kids.
    whoa thats a scary place to crash. glad he is ok. sure the heck could have been worse.
    Love, Impy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If he crashed on winter creek and live to tell about it, tell him to go buy a Lotto ticket NOW!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    yes he was lucky....and my thoughts are with him to make a full recovery

Go Lakers!
    So sorry to hear that. I wish him a speedy recovery. Tough to ride at night but can be so much fun.
    [SIZE="3"]Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it the present [/SIZE]

Johny Sokko!
    Damn! That trail is no joke! The Gabriels are steep and angry! Make one false move and it's over! My friend went over just bumping into someone's back tire. He knocked his teeth out and got a concusion and major poison oak.

Night riding there is like swimming with sharks, may bite you may not!

The picture shows how wide the trail is, and yes the 150ft drop is is right there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've been riding it recently and I never really understood the big deal with winter creek. I rode it yesterday and then I actually started looking where you could fall. Boy was I in for a shock
    How's it going Stoner? You've been riding lately?

Surf 'n' Trail Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops
    wow 150ft- that sounds like a bad dream that I have. Glad to hear he's ok. Chantry has got some scary exposure in places- I don't think I'd ever ride that at night and I consider myself pretty adventurous-
    +1

There's some considerable exposure on that trail... I can't even imagine riding it at night!

My prayers for his speedy recovery.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    There are even parts of Winter Creek that have skinner singletrack than that picture. It's a fun @ss trail though. Don't know about riding it at night.