Thread: the Gnar List

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

the Gnar List

I don't know why I have this, but for some reason when I was cleaning out some of my desk drawers this wknd I found this list:

http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/messag...ges/115608.htm

just wondering if there is a new GNAR list, or do some of these still hold their gnar status?

I've only ridden a couple of these, but would like to do some in the future. So it got me to thinking.

list away!!
    -tep

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tep
    I don't know why I have this, but for some reason when I was cleaning out some of my desk drawers this wknd I found this list:

just wondering if there is a new GNAR list, or do some of these still hold their gnar status?

I've only ridden a couple of these, but would like to do some in the future. So it got me to thinking.

list away!!
    -tep

classic list from the old days. so outdated though. everything in BC replaces that list. oh and maybe that one backside AW trail that starts with V or something?

We're going down WHAT??

Whoooah... baaad flashbacks....

I looked at that list and broke out into a sweat.... I got flashbacks from the worst ride of my life... I think "The Portal" at Moab has given me Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Just thinking about it makes me want to stay inside... I think I crapped myself about 3 or 4 times on that ride... I was stupid enough to try to ride it down... almost bought the farm... uuuugggghhhh.... (I actually didn't know what that guy at Poison Spider Bicycles meant by "exposure" when he was giving me directions to the trail. Now I know. I don't see me forgetting anytime soon either...) [SIZE="1"] [SIZE="3"]**I stole this pic from the net, but you get the idea...**[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jonsocal; 05-05-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by tep

list away!!
    -tep
    Sullivan Ridge still gets my vote.

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

El Santo

El Santo, nice to see/hear from you. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Maybe one of these years I'll be up in GnarCal and we'll hook-up for a ride.

-tep

Equal opportunity meanie
    FACE in SLO will put all the trails in that link as well as any Utah trail to shame. You can barely even stand up on most of the trail. Sections of the trail are named after bones that they've broken. Montara mountain is cool as long as you know where to find the Crack trail (hint: it's at the top, it's steep, and it has a lot of rocks) and Mile is just a blast as well.