Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Global warming?

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Global warming?

Not in San Diego, it seems. A freak spring storm passed through yesterday and dumped some snow up in our local mountains. Hell, we hardly got any snow up there this winter, and it's almost May!

I took advantage of the moist ground and did a little maintenance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (109.0 KB, 515 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (172.7 KB, 511 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (191.1 KB, 508 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (121.8 KB, 513 views)
    • File Type: jpg 13.jpg (217.4 KB, 511 views)
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 04-21-2007 at 09:26 PM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Not in San Diego, it seems. A freak spring storm passed through yesterday and dumped some snow up in our local mountains. Hell, we hardly got any snow up there this winter, and it's almost May!

I took advantage of the moist ground and did a little digging.
    Your brain is FROZEN! **Al Gore invented The Internets...which everyone should be very afraid of...not Global Warming!

Besides, aren't responsible mtbers 'supposed' to stay off the trails (for at least 48 hours) after a storm passes through? Check that....YOU never claimed YOU are the responsible type..........I had to over-rule myself!

Now, where was the last pic taken - BLT?

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief

Besides, aren't responsible mtbers 'supposed' to stay off the trails (for at least 48 hours) after a storm passes through? Check that....YOU never claimed YOU are the responsible type..........I had to over-rule myself!

Now, where was the last pic taken - BLT?
    No harm was done, Chiefie. Anticipating that it might be a bit soupy up top, I opted to ride Elbon, and then 180 it if conditions deterioted.

Surprisingly, I was able to make it to the last road crossing before it got too soupy.

At that point I took the road up to Penny Pines.

I wouldn't recommend riding upper Noble or BLT for a few days..it looked pretty wet up top.

I saw people heading out to BLT. I mentioned to them that I thought it was too wet to ride. It's no wonder BLT gets hammered.

As I was leaving Pine Valley, I spotted this Pot Head.

Aqua

PS Nope...not BLT.
    • File Type: jpg 14.jpg (184.3 KB, 494 views)

Glad to Be Alive
    nice trail work.........square the top of the berms and make them about 8 inches thick...they last longer...I'll take some pics of the just finished work
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

banned
    As I was leaving Pine Valley, I spotted this Pot Head.

Aqua

PS Nope...not BLT.
    I'm trying to recall my college geology from like 30 years ago....bear with me...it's not BLT.....let me think.....the dirt looks very late Holocene, so, I'd say...Sunrise trail by the lake or south of the cows by the ranch. What do I win?

(Btw, you're a day late with the yard art reference...but I...dig...the theme)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Aqua - think the trail will be good to go if it's clear all week by Saturday?

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aword4you
    Aqua - think the trail will be good to go if it's clear all week by Saturday?
    It will be good.

Chiefy...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong again.

banned
    It will be good.

Chiefy...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong again.
    Upper portion of Noble, going 'south', just before the first dip?

Glad to Be Alive
    here are some berm pics showing thickness for you...it will last at least a year...probably 2

as always Wrigley the best trail dog....bites anyone that fvcks with the trail
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    Upper portion of Noble, going 'south', just before the first dip?
    Not even in the same zip code, Chieftan.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    here are some berm pics showing thickness for you...it will last at least a year...probably 2

as always Wrigley the best trail dog....bites anyone that fvcks with the trail
    Nice Bermage SHIVER. And Aqua that picture is on Noble right below the road crossing before the gate.No?

Equal opportunity meanie
    Yeah, gloabal warming my skinny white a$$...we got snow in SB again earlier this week, albeit only for a couple hours barely visible through the clouds before it melted.

mtbr member
    Shuttled Mt. Wilson.... 4-6 inches of snow and a lot of land movement at the started point... I have never truely heard a land slide before. It frik'n rumbles... we all dropped our bikes and ran for the tunnel.

banned
    Not even in the same zip code, Chieftan.
    All right, Aquaboi, this is YOUR last chance to get it right...south on Noble, after the last creek crossing, section between the creek and the top of last run down to PC parking lot. (I don't know the all nicknames of this trail, but I'm sure there is one for this portion).

Equal opportunity meanie
    Came down the whole frontside of Wilson last weekend (at 6:30AM no less) with completely NUMB fingers until I got to the ruins....that was fun.

We were up there a while ago when that slide by the tunnel had just about sealed it off except for a few feet at the top. It's absolutely amazing the trails/roads on that mountain don't just disappear off the map.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Those berms look good!

Snow in San Diego? WTF Al Gore?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I took advantage of the moist ground and did a little maintenance.
    ummm, Global Warming is a misnomer - it's Global Climate CHANGE - meaning, weather patterns are disrupted and we get weirder -less reliable weather all over the place - freak snowstorms, much warmer winters one year, colder than usual the next blah blah blah

anthropegenic climate change is happening - get used to it - and avoid buying property in Holland, Bangladesh or all of Southern Florida

and in the meantime - enjoy your bike outside...
    "Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result" - Shane MacGowan

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    All Chicken Littles, Unite! Let's hear it for environmental groupthink, the New Religion. All non-believers shall be cast out from the politically correct class! Ho hum.

Based on the sunny weather coming up this week, the trails should be perfect Saturday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP
    All Chicken Littles, Unite! Let's hear it for environmental groupthink, the New Religion. All non-believers shall be cast out from the politically correct class! Ho hum.

Based on the sunny weather coming up this week, the trails should be perfect Saturday.
    last response since this isn't the politics board

if "environmental groupthink" includes something like 90% of climate scientists (in other words, the only people qualified to understand the data) who don't work for energy companies, then sure, you can call it that

it's comical how people with 0 understanding of the science involved, who are unread about the incredible depth of data available, feel qualified to declare the science "politically correct" etc.

as for non-belief, please - it's those who want to trust the couple of paid shills for the energy sector or get their science "news" from Fox who have a belief system - for the rest, cold hard facts and science will have to do

and I went out and did some trail work yesterday - I know, Earth Day is a hokey "groupthink" sort of a holiday - but somebody has to do the work or the trails go to sh*t
    the sun should set everything up nicely after that bit of rain...
    "Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result" - Shane MacGowan

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Mac, you lost me after "last response...."

Since I'm too stooopid to see a scam when I see one, I'm going to go buy some carbon credits so that I can feel good about myself--like John Edwards.

Thanks for the trail work. I would thank you for the rain, but you're not God yet.

When in doubt, go faster
    Global warming is just a fad...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Climate change, yes. Anthropegenic? Dunno.

A FEW ILLOGICAL ASSUMPTIONS:

Dissenting Scientists = Evil, Corporate Energy Scientists
    Actually, there are scientists who don't work for energy companies who think the notion of anthropogenic (i.e. caused by humans) climate change is BS. Like Richard Lindzen from MIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsZ1U20W0M

Man = CO2 = Global Climate Change
    What about the fact that CO2 levels in the distant past (before humans) were significantly higher than they are now ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:P...on_Dioxide.png ).

Correlation = Causation
    Man comes. Man learns to measure climate change. Man measures CO2. Man measures climate change. Man concludes that CO2 = Climate change.

Assuming that a correlation between CO2 and weather patterns is the same as CO2 causing weather patterns is a bit like the caveman who hears thunder moments before his grandmother collapses and dies. The shaman then steps forth, claiming that the gods are angry, and that the thunder killed his grandmother. Fact is, there could be a myriad other reasons why the caveman's grandmother died. Similarly, there could be myriad other reasons for global climate change, none of which are under the control of humans. Like, say, the sun burning hotter, or the eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession of the Earth's orbit.

The Ice Caps are Melting! The Ice Caps are Melting!
    Yep, they are. On Mars. Yes, global climate change with no humans in sight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    last response since this isn't the politics board

if "environmental groupthink" includes something like 90% of climate scientists (in other words, the only people qualified to understand the data) who don't work for energy companies, then sure, you can call it that.......
    Are these the same 'scientists' from the '70s that said we were entering a new ice age or were they the ones that said this last hurricane season was to be very very severe (zero so far) or able to accurately predict the weather from week to week or month to month let alone day to day, those scientists are always right

Geritol Power

I think it's safe

to assume macrider wears out the left side of his tires before the right just like those global warming "experts"

mtbr member
    Let's just all become pirates and save the world....tee hee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast