Thread: Glamis!

smokers can ride too

Glamis!

Who's heading out there this weekend? I'll be camped on the Cement Flats, and I'll see your ass on Competition Hill!!

Someone let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong place...

cask conditioned
    You're posting in the wrong place.
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

mtbr member
    right location, possibly wrong sport. at least its off road i guess. watcha riding out there?

Samsonite Tester
    Give me a BRRaaaaPPPPPP.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Well you smoke and ride up that hill on your mountain bike surrounded by a bunch of gas heads? That is brave and macho. What size tires you runing. 8 inchers! Oh wait an old Hannebrink monster bike could do that! My friend has one. Perhaps he would like to join you for the weekend.

smokers can ride too
    dude, like this:

?

appreciate the sarcasm, but i would totally ride one of those!

or maybe i'll just sport my bike helmet on some quads...

Quote Originally Posted by richwolf
    Well you smoke and ride up that hill on your mountain bike surrounded by a bunch of gas heads? That is brave and macho. What size tires you runing. 8 inchers! Oh wait an old Hannebrink monster bike could do that! My friend has one. Perhaps he would like to join you for the weekend.

smokers can ride too
    quads, possibly dirt bikes...

yeah, just excited to be going out there (me = norcal kid, so desert = wtf?!) and happy to have found this forum... not enough of a dirt ***** to find a 4 x 4 forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jr711
    right location, possibly wrong sport. at least its off road i guess. watcha riding out there?

Lord of the Chainrings
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

smokers can ride too
    cool i can appreciate much more now that i just got back

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasha
    cool i can appreciate much more now that i just got back
    Appreciate the silence and solitude that comes wi MTBing singletrack ?
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

smokers can ride too
    silence, solitude, speed, sun, sand... all the right S's in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
    Appreciate the silence and solitude that comes wi MTBing singletrack ?

mtbr member
    Who's heading out there this weekend? I'll be camped on the Cement Flats, and I'll see your ass on Competition Hill!!

Someone let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong place...
    Hey, you're not the only one, I'm missing a lot of biking weekends to go to Ocotillo and Gordon's Well this winter. Do you always go to Glamis, what are you riding?

smokers can ride too
    I've been meaning to go out there for over a year, but this was my first time actually going. My friend's brother is the one with the ATVs, so the friend and I met up with the brother out there and he let us tool around on his cheap Honda quads. It was one of the coolest things I've done this year, and totally my kind of scene!

I'd love to go out there at least once a month but I don't own anything of my own to ride. I noticed there's a rental place in Ocotillo Wells- any idea what the pricing is? I'm pretty broke so I don't know how often I can do stuff like this. That's the one thing I like about bikes; they're a lot cheaper than things with motors.

I also don't know if I'd enjoy Ocotillo as much now that I've ridden around the dunes at Glamis.

Quote Originally Posted by NoShirt
    Hey, you're not the only one, I'm missing a lot of biking weekends to go to Ocotillo and Gordon's Well this winter. Do you always go to Glamis, what are you riding?

mtbr member
    I've been meaning to go out there for over a year, but this was my first time actually going. My friend's brother is the one with the ATVs, so the friend and I met up with the brother out there and he let us tool around on his cheap Honda quads. It was one of the coolest things I've done this year, and totally my kind of scene!

I'd love to go out there at least once a month but I don't own anything of my own to ride. I noticed there's a rental place in Ocotillo Wells- any idea what the pricing is? I'm pretty broke so I don't know how often I can do stuff like this. That's the one thing I like about bikes; they're a lot cheaper than things with motors.

I also don't know if I'd enjoy Ocotillo as much now that I've ridden around the dunes at Glamis.
    Yeah, sand rules! The place at Ocotillo charges about $60 and up a day for rentals I think. Definitely a fun scene with camping and all to make it a whole weekend thing. A little easier not pedaling with a hangover.

smokers can ride too
    Quote Originally Posted by NoShirt
    Yeah, sand rules! The place at Ocotillo charges about $60 and up a day for rentals I think. Definitely a fun scene with camping and all to make it a whole weekend thing. A little easier not pedaling with a hangover.
    I will definitely be finding my way to Ocotillo when I have more money, but I wish there was a place to rent by Glamis. I didn't see anything near there. I could totally camp out there and ride for weeks at a time. It doesn't look like it would ever get old.

mtbr member
    I will definitely be finding my way to Ocotillo when I have more money, but I wish there was a place to rent by Glamis. I didn't see anything near there. I could totally camp out there and ride for weeks at a time. It doesn't look like it would ever get old.
    You should check out Gordon's Well too. It's just a bit further down I-8 toward Yuma right along the aquaduct. Or you can get there from Glamis by going about 5 miles down the sand highway. Gordon's is a little mellower with more families and less crowds. Good area to ride though because a little mellower and there is a good spot for the sand drags. Also, you can go swim in the aquaduct under the bridge, all fun and games.