mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Getting out of hand...

I have know idea where this is, but thought of some of the "run in" stories on this board. This guy should be put away for a while. This is getting out of hand. Soon someone on a bike is going to kick the sh** out of someone interfearing with the RIDE.

Man Arrested For Holding Cop, Children At Gunpoint
    (CBS) MURRIETA, Calif. A Murrieta man was arrested after he allegedly held an off-duty police officer and his two children at gunpoint for riding bicycles through what he called a wildlife preserve, authorities said Tuesday.

Keven Alvesstone told police that he was protecting the so-called preserve behind his property, between Murrieta Hot Springs Road and the 39000 block of Memory Drive, according to sheriff's Sgt. Michael Driever.

The run-in occurred about 2 p.m. Monday, Driever said.

The suspect told the police officer and his children to get on the ground.

It was unclear how sheriff's deputies got the call to come to the site, or for which department the off-duty officer works.

Deputies found that the gun Alvesstone used, which was apparently inoperable, had been stolen from Culver City police, Driever said.

Alvesstone was supposedly booked at the Southwest Detention Center on suspicion of assault with a semiautomatic weapon, child endangerment, possession of child endangerment, using a handgun to commit a felony, making criminal or terrorist threats and brandishing a firearm, Driever said.

Jail records showed no booking information for Alevsstone.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Hmmmm, kinda makes you wonder what he was really protecting.....

My good friend lives out there, and his wealthy neighbor, who's property happens to be adjacent to the preserve was busted for his "illegal crops" growing on the preserve.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Over the Hill
    Not that time of year.

Dean

Equal opportunity meanie
    What in the hell is "possession of child endangerment"??

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    probably a lesser charge from kidnapping. I am guessing because he put a childs life at risk of harm or trauma by holding them down at gun point. Not a good idea!

mtbr member

He is a cop

You all have to realize that this guy held at gunpoint a cop and his kids. So you know the cops are good ole boys and are properly throwing every charge that they can think of. This guy F'ed with the wrong guy. Pretty certain if it was you or I that got held at gunpoint the suspect would not have been charged with all those charges.

Your Imaginary Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired Yo Momma
    You all have to realize that this guy held at gunpoint a cop and his kids. So you know the cops are good ole boys and are properly throwing every charge that they can think of. This guy F'ed with the wrong guy. Pretty certain if it was you or I that got held at gunpoint the suspect would not have been charged with all those charges.
    That is entirely incorrect. I used to be a cop and, when children are involved it doesn't matter who the parent is, you throw the book at the person perpetrating the crime. One thing we're taught early on is that children are to be protected, period. If that means doing a special Google search to find extra charges to add on (where the elements of the crime are met of course) then so be it.

Children cannot defend themselves and have absolutely no voice so, when it comes to protecting them, you do anything and everything, period.
    Last edited by CranxOC; 04-03-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
    What a nimb wit!
    "Don't give up, Never give up!"

Ya, right.
    You couldn't be more wrong. CranxOC has it right.

Also, DA's usually only charge people with charges they are pretty certain they will get a conviction on, so drumming up every little charge does them no good if it doesn't stick AND DA's try to charge people with as much as they can (that will likely result in a conviction) because it adds to their stats. Some people may deny this, but I work in the court system and see it everyday.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CranxOC
    That is entirely incorrect. I used to be a cop and, when children are involved it doesn't matter who the parent is, you throw the book at the person perpetrating the crime. One thing we're taught early on is that children are to be protected, period. If that means doing a special Google search to find extra charges to add on (where the elements of the crime are met of course) then so be it.

Children cannot defend themselves and have absolutely no voice so, when it comes to protecting them, you do anything and everything, period.
    +12345. Couldn't have put it better myself, my friend!

mtbr member

You guys are right!

You guys are all right about the kid protection, but you still are good ole boys and I am sure other cops do some "bending" of the laws for their fellow good ole boy "Johnny Law".

Glad to Be Alive
    true dat...I had a guy point a gun at me and i called the cops...the District attourney had us both meet in his office and dropped all charges...I wouldn't shake the guy with the gun's hand..

after that guy left I told the D.A. what a waste of my time to drive down to Chinatown from Simi and called him a few names and knocked everything off his desk as I left....I was pissed
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I had a guy point a gun at me...
    I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, but, I'd be screaming attempted murder. WTF? Lets see... Point a loaded (?) gun at me... All that would have to happen is for the trigger to be pulled. At that point it is murder. For me, the simple act of "pointing" the gun at me is "premeditated" in my book. You have to "think" about it, in order to do (point) it.

So that was it, the guy walks? Nice.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Your Imaginary Friend
    You guys are all right about the kid protection, but you still are good ole boys and I am sure other cops do some "bending" of the laws for their fellow good ole boy "Johnny Law".

Yeah, no ignorant stereotyping here.
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

mtbr member
    Well I would not call it stereotyping, I would call it generalizations. I am not afraid to admit it one bit, of course their are always exceptions but those are rare. I guess its like this, if you play poker and you dealt pocket Aces before the flop and you go heads up with the other guy in the pot and say he has pocket 10s. Your chance of wining that pot is 82% that your going to win, now their is a 18% chance you could loose that pot. Its just like I think 82% of cops will bend the rules for their fellow brother "Johnny Law", or 82% of Asains like rice, or 82% Mexican's like beans. Listen cops stereotype all the time, they have to, if they are working in south central LA and pull over some guy on his bike I am sure 82% of time that guy may have a criminal record when they run his ID. I hope this makes sense. Yea it safe to say I really don't like the majority of cops, but its funny I am real good "friends" with a lady cop. In fact she really dosen't like hanging out with her fellow "brother and sisters" but this weekend we are going to Vegas to this cop Baker to Vegas shuttle run and she is only in it because they begged her to do it because she is a runner. It will be somewhat funny hanging out with all these cops from all over the country this weekend in Vegas. I will proberly never see so many people with short flat-top haircuts, Oakley sunglasses, short mustaches, and fanny pack carrying dudes in my life in one location.