Silence and Thunder...

FYI - Cuyamaca is for Horses...

...this Saturday....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...every day sends future to past...

BMF
    Oct 2007
    Seems like there is some event out there just about every weekend. I was out there not long ago and there was a 100 mile foot-race - we had no problem as most of the time we were on different trails from the runners. We did come across several of them at one point but it was all good. FYI, I also see horses out there just about everytime I go there.

Any more context? What trails are impacted? I personally wouldn't avoid Cuyamaca because of this, but I might avoid certain trails or certain areas at certain times if I knew more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    let's just be glad they aren't going to Mt. Pinos. Oh good golly gosh, all that horsey poopy and there hooves mashing up the trail! Oh goodness. That would be bad.
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

mtbr member

Eternal Optimism

Maybe they decided to go over Middle Peak and cleared the trail down from the top! With all the downed trees and overgrowth it needs a bunch of horses going through to open the trail up.

At least it hasn't rained in a while and they shouldn't be doing too much damage to the trails.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    I've been out there by mistake on one of these horse weekends, the trail going to Oakzanita Point and Harvey ____ singletrack, etc. It was a drag. Avoid it this Saturday, I say.

BMF
    Oct 2007
    I did a small bit of digging and found some more info on this. Kinda interesting actually, it looks like a pretty well-organized event with a limited field size of 150 horses, and "vet checks" throughout the course where the horses are examined to ensure they are fit to continue. They have prizes and stuff.
    http://www.doublejoy.com/erol/Calend...sp?rideID=4584

Looks like they start in Descanso, but I couldn't find any map of the route. I was planning on being in the area Sunday so I guess will be busy bunny-hopping turds if I happen to overlap their route much

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristatos
    I did a small bit of digging and found some more info on this. Kinda interesting actually, it looks like a pretty well-organized event with a limited field size of 150 horses, and "vet checks" throughout the course where the horses are examined to ensure they are fit to continue. They have prizes and stuff.
    http://www.doublejoy.com/erol/Calend...sp?rideID=4584

Looks like they start in Descanso, but I couldn't find any map of the route. I was planning on being in the area Sunday so I guess will be busy bunny-hopping turds if I happen to overlap their route much
    There is a Ranger House in Descanso in town. There is a double track trail that heads up to Green Valley Falls Campground. It turns into a singletrack(which is closed to bikes), and back into a fireroad up to the campground. This trail is used by horses a lot. There are a couple of stream crossings.
    [size=4]Don[/size]