Thread: Fwc

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Good job! Fwc

What a great event !! I had not raced since 2001 and a week before the event decided to start riding again. A week of training wasnt enough to get ready for the great DH course that was there. Lots of turns a cool little drop off a rock garden and fast single track, with some table tops at the bottom--
    One of the best little DH courses I have ever been to. They did a lot with what they had to work with. The venue was exceptional and the surrounding area beautiful. Friendly staff and alot of riders. Times were posted quickly and everyone I talked to had a great time----
    Cant wait till next year !

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Glad you had a good time. I was racing in the marathon yesterday and was feeling really good through the first 2 laps. Then disaster struck. I put my front wheel into a 8 inch deep hole on one of the dirt road sections and proceeded to get launched over the bars. After doing a quick check of the body, the first thing I noticed was that I separated my shoulder. Day over. Bummer Probably off the bike for 3-4 weeks, and off the trails for a couple of months I suspect.

Oh well, it's still a great event to watch and hang out with the local MTB community that comes out.

mtbr member
    2TurnersNotEnough it was great meeting you at the race. When your arm is better lets got ride littepine or Bigpine or something like that.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gambo2166
    2TurnersNotEnough it was great meeting you at the race. When your arm is better lets got ride littepine or Bigpine or something like that.
    Great to meet you too Gambo. When I'm ready to do Little Pine, I'll let you know.

MTBR member-at-large
    2Turners,

You're not alone, I heard of a few people that went down hard. My buddy helped a guy with a seperated shoulder walk his bike to the nearest radio aid station (maybe you?). I also heard of another marathoner (Jill Gass) who broke her collarbone. Jill is a great person and local cycling/tri coah. Quick recovery to you both.

-Greg
    Better at pedaling than typing

mtbr member
    Jill cracked a rib.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I heard about Jill when I got back to the start/finish area. I hope she heals up soon too. I was the guy who crashed on the dirt road section coming off the new singletrack section. I'm a little blurry about some of the details, so I'm not sure if your buddy was one of the people who helped me or not. It would suck if someone else busted up their shoulder on Sunday too.

Thanks for the Encouragement,
    Paul