Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    71

    Fury Lane is closed by CDFG

    It's official, Fury Lane is closed. Signage is in place. Eco extremist strike again. AKA: California Department of Fish & Game (CDFG).

    San Diego is in lock down by your Government.

    Step up and join the fight to ride. Do your part, or sacrifice your freedom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fury Lane is closed by CDFG-fury-1.jpg  

    Fury Lane is closed by CDFG-fury-4.jpg  


  2. #2
    ocd
    ocd is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    wow, bike shops are going to take a major hit in sales or mountain bike related things.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    425

    Fury Lane is closed by CDFG

    I noticed there is a ton of new signage on the trails west of the steel bridge marking the boundaries of sweet water and the Eco reserve. Right now, the signs just say "no unauthorized entry," without making clear what constitutes unauthorized entry. Not sure if that is a prelude to stronger measures or not.

    Between PQ, MTRP, and now Fury, it feels like it's open season on mountain bikers. Seriously, where the f%#¥ can we ride at this point?

    Where is the CDFW crackdown coming from? Did they just get new management or something?

  4. #4
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    I noticed there is a ton of new signage on the trails west of the steel bridge marking the boundaries of sweet water and the Eco reserve. Right now, the signs just say "no unauthorized entry," without making clear what constitutes unauthorized entry. Not sure if that is a prelude to stronger measures or not.

    Between PQ, MTRP, and now Fury, it feels like it's open season on mountain bikers. Seriously, where the f%#• can we ride at this point?

    Where is the CDFW crackdown coming from? Did they just get new management or something?
    I am not familiar with this trail name although I am sure I have ridden there. Where exactly is this one?
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    I noticed there is a ton of new signage on the trails west of the steel bridge marking the boundaries of sweet water and the Eco reserve. Right now, the signs just say "no unauthorized entry," without making clear what constitutes unauthorized entry. Not sure if that is a prelude to stronger measures or not.

    Between PQ, MTRP, and now Fury, it feels like it's open season on mountain bikers. Seriously, where the f%#• can we ride at this point?

    Where is the CDFW crackdown coming from? Did they just get new management or something?
    Laws were put in place by the tools in Sacramento over the years, who the voters continue to put back in office.. For whatever reason they are heavily enforcing those laws now. Threatening land owners with lawsuits for mismanagement of land.. So we are hearing a lot of our hands are tied from land owners/City. A strong showing from trail users is all the will get us our trails back, and possibly some more extreme methods then just letter writing & phone calls. SDMBA is our hub for how to proceed from here. Get the word out to friends & family.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jazzanova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fury Lane is closed by CDFG

    Agenda 21 in full force.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socal_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    I noticed there is a ton of new signage on the trails west of the steel bridge marking the boundaries of sweet water and the Eco reserve. Right now, the signs just say "no unauthorized entry," without making clear what constitutes unauthorized entry. Not sure if that is a prelude to stronger measures or not.

    Between PQ, MTRP, and now Fury, it feels like it's open season on mountain bikers. Seriously, where the f%#• can we ride at this point?

    Where is the CDFW crackdown coming from? Did they just get new management or something?
    After the CDFG enviro wackos ousted Dan Richards(the last actual hunter/fisher on the board) from the former DFG they renamed it Dept of Fish & Wildlife under the new management led by present commissioner Jim Kellogg (from World Wildlife Fund, over on the CWB it's led by Charlton Bonham who is pretty much an animal rights extremist) has completely re-focused the agency to a touchy feely mission statement. Bonham recently threw his support thru an open letter behind some anti-hunting and anti-2nd amendment legislation that Moonbeam signed into law. Get a subscription to Western Outdoor News, MSM doesn't cover this stuff. DFW and CWB pretty much dance to HSUS tune.
    Last edited by socal_jack; 11-16-2013 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socal_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Agenda 21 in full force.
    Shhhh, there's a lot of people that prefer to remain ignorant here. And make sure not to tell them that San Diego is a member of the ICLEI( the international clearinghouse for "sustainable development" Local Action Moves the World ‚ÄĒ ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability USA). They might find the tie in toHome .:. Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform or even read docs there like http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org...s/Agenda21.pdf or with a little more digging might find nuggets like thisecn171997-1.rpt1* Local Agenda 21 Survey, but I hear ignorance is bliss.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Agenda 21 in full force.
    And the Black UN helicopters won't be far behind.

    But seriously, there's no conspiracy theory necessary to see what's happening here. In DMM, following Pardee bulldozing one mesa flat for townhomes and McMansions, they suddenly decide the redneck rodeo, free dumpground, and migrant residential district that is the remaining DMM is 'Prisitine habitat'....all to 'mitigate' for the development surrounding it.

    In MTRP, the land north of 52, in between a firing range, the dump, and just over the ridge from the soon-to-be-developed Fanita Ranch subdivision also becomes 'pristine'. The more land that gets developed, the more the remaining open space is coveted, both by the developers-turned-eco-extremists, and the CDFG, which I'm convinced has an Agenda, just not 'Agenda 21'. The REAL agenda is to serve as the mitigation goons and lackeys for these developers, and their bought-and-paid-for shills, known as our "council', and 'local government' in general.

    We may have voted somebody in, but if you want a 'conspiracy theory', look no further than these 'Strange Bedfellows', who claim that the only way to keep the 'Job Creators' in San Diego is to let them gobble up more and more open space, and make a serious profit doing it. All with little or no contribution to the infrastructure that will be needed to service these new neighborhoods. Not to mention where the water is gonna come from for all those new toilets to flush.

    It's an ugly fraudulent, vicious circle-jerk we see going on here. Even the USMC is in on the ruse, having the Miramar CO claim in one sentence that the USMC needs to protect the 'habitat' AND protect the public from unexploded ordnance that is supposed to be strewn all over that 'prisitine habitat'. What kind of BS is that, anyway? And it all goes unquestioned by the public here.

    And so it goes....
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    425

    Fury Lane is closed by CDFG

    Any reports on the fury lane meeting today?

  11. #11
    I <3 Dirt
    Reputation: mealsonwheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    709
    Are they leveling the jumps?

  12. #12
    Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Reputation: Boulder Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    $600 trespassing tickets to be issued beginning Sunday, 11-17-2013. This includes dog walkers, hikers & bicyclists.

    The jumps will be leveled because the property is mitigation land. Sound familiar? More info to follow.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    429

    Fury Lane is closed by CDFG

    ya, developers provide union labor. California is controlled by unions and eco freaks. it's not a conspiracy it's a fact. also mountain bikers are easy pickings for these guys. it's easier to kick bikers off trails than to go after a multi million dollar housing development.

    Sent from my SGH-T959 using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.

  14. #14
    I <3 Dirt
    Reputation: mealsonwheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    $600 trespassing tickets to be issued beginning Sunday, 11-17-2013. This includes dog walkers, hikers & bicyclists.

    The jumps will be leveled because the property is mitigation land. Sound familiar? More info to follow.
    All too familiar. Thanks BP.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socal_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    595
    It was conspiracy theory maybe 20 years ago, now fact. Clown it with black helos etc if it makes you feel better but realize that this is a well coordinated effort that includes turning most national forest/parks/BLM lands into "Wilderness". Bush 1 signed the original and Clinton, Bush2, and Obama have all signed EOs to align US policy with it "sustainable development"(21). This really picked up pace under Clinton's "roadless initiative" (that puzzled the IMBA for some reason, ignorance most likely but then they made their stupid, shitty deal with the See Air Uh Club to not fight wilderness designation) that turned roaded areas into "pristine" roadless areas ready for wilderness status(sound familiar?), and under Obama this has resumed at breakneck pace. Agenda 21 boiled down to its roots is meant to keep people away from nature as it is written by progressives/statists, the assumption is that all things derive from the state so the preserve/forest/park does not belong to the people it belongs to the state. As wilderness status has shown even trails there fall into disuse by hikers as equipment cannot be brought in to fix them after storms, fires, and other natural causes, this was the intention. The ICLEI currently counts over 130 cities in California as members, about as many as the rest of the country combined, it's a way to give an NGO group a say in how our land is used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    And the Black UN helicopters won't be far behind.

    But seriously, there's no conspiracy theory necessary to see what's happening here. In DMM, following Pardee bulldozing one mesa flat for townhomes and McMansions, they suddenly decide the redneck rodeo, free dumpground, and migrant residential district that is the remaining DMM is 'Prisitine habitat'....all to 'mitigate' for the development surrounding it.

    In MTRP, the land north of 52, in between a firing range, the dump, and just over the ridge from the soon-to-be-developed Fanita Ranch subdivision also becomes 'pristine'. The more land that gets developed, the more the remaining open space is coveted, both by the developers-turned-eco-extremists, and the CDFG, which I'm convinced has an Agenda, just not 'Agenda 21'. The REAL agenda is to serve as the mitigation goons and lackeys for these developers, and their bought-and-paid-for shills, known as our "council', and 'local government' in general.

    We may have voted somebody in, but if you want a 'conspiracy theory', look no further than these 'Strange Bedfellows', who claim that the only way to keep the 'Job Creators' in San Diego is to let them gobble up more and more open space, and make a serious profit doing it. All with little or no contribution to the infrastructure that will be needed to service these new neighborhoods. Not to mention where the water is gonna come from for all those new toilets to flush.

    It's an ugly fraudulent, vicious circle-jerk we see going on here. Even the USMC is in on the ruse, having the Miramar CO claim in one sentence that the USMC needs to protect the 'habitat' AND protect the public from unexploded ordnance that is supposed to be strewn all over that 'prisitine habitat'. What kind of BS is that, anyway? And it all goes unquestioned by the public here.

    And so it goes....

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by socal_jack View Post
    It was conspiracy theory maybe 20 years ago, now fact. Clown it with black helos etc if it makes you feel better but realize that this is a well coordinated effort that includes turning most national forest/parks/BLM lands into "Wilderness". Bush 1 signed the original and Clinton, Bush2, and Obama have all signed EOs to align US policy with it "sustainable development"(21). This really picked up pace under Clinton's "roadless initiative" (that puzzled the IMBA for some reason, ignorance most likely but then they made their stupid, shitty deal with the See Air Uh Club to not fight wilderness designation) that turned roaded areas into "pristine" roadless areas ready for wilderness status(sound familiar?), and under Obama this has resumed at breakneck pace. Agenda 21 boiled down to its roots is meant to keep people away from nature as it is written by progressives/statists, the assumption is that all things derive from the state so the preserve/forest/park does not belong to the people it belongs to the state. As wilderness status has shown even trails there fall into disuse by hikers as equipment cannot be brought in to fix them after storms, fires, and other natural causes, this was the intention. The ICLEI currently counts over 130 cities in California as members, about as many as the rest of the country combined, it's a way to give an NGO group a say in how our land is used.
    The simple application of Occam's Razor to the situation we have here actually does render your paranoid-eque storyline fairly irrelevant. San Diego has always been about real estate, and developers. If Agenda 21 was so all-encompassing and far-reaching, then Pardee never would have bulldozed DMM, and Fanita Ranch would be nixed. both of these developments are for certain , "un-sustainable".

    I'm glad you don't also subscribe to the Black-Helo school of thought, but yer gettin' close, and I sure would not want this fight to be co-opted by a sub group of ideological tinfoil hat cases. It would serve to weaken, divide, and conquer....handing yet another victory to the Strange Bedfellows, and the Usual Suspects. None of us want that.
    Mtb 'ers wear HELMETS, not tin foil hats!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    71
    Thanks to everyone who showed up to the meeting. Venting our frustration on forums, makes us feel better, but taking action and showing up for important meeting and events is what will get us results. Everyone needs to educate themselves on the subject so we can better educate our friend, and alies, and prepare a plan to fight this beast.

    Cool to have supporters like Red Bull Rampage Rider, Wil White out there. He has the notoriety to reach lots of people.

    Thanks again for showing showing up. More then we can say for the cowards at California Department of Fish & Wildlife (CDFW).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fury Lane is closed by CDFG-fury-lane-mtg_01.jpg  


  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8

    UT Article -Popular BMX site on college property closed


  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socal_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    The simple application of Occam's Razor to the situation we have here actually does render your paranoid-eque storyline fairly irrelevant. San Diego has always been about real estate, and developers. If Agenda 21 was so all-encompassing and far-reaching, then Pardee never would have bulldozed DMM, and Fanita Ranch would be nixed. both of these developments are for certain , "un-sustainable".

    I'm glad you don't also subscribe to the Black-Helo school of thought, but yer gettin' close, and I sure would not want this fight to be co-opted by a sub group of ideological tinfoil hat cases. It would serve to weaken, divide, and conquer....handing yet another victory to the Strange Bedfellows, and the Usual Suspects. None of us want that.
    Mtb 'ers wear HELMETS, not tin foil hats!
    Misapplication of Occam's Razor, without 21 there'd be no discussion of "sustainable development", that is where the terminology originated in the late 80s and codified in the 90s in San Diego. Without it there's be nothing to mitigate, development would be at full pace. Of course nothing prevents the land swaps and crony payouts.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    425

    Fury Lane is closed by CDFG

    There is nothing sustainable about the development going on in San Diego. Story of money, pure and simple. If the enviros really had power, things might still be f'ed up, but they would look very different than they do today. Does this really look like an enviro 's paradise to anyone? Major face palm!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    There is nothing sustainable about the development going on in San Diego. Story of money, pure and simple. If the enviros really had power, things might still be f'ed up, but they would look very different than they do today. Does this really look like an enviro 's paradise to anyone? Major face palm!
    Just think of what would happen if every toilet in San Diego county got flushed at once. Catastrophe!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    71
    San Diego Mountain Bike Association meeting 7pm Wednesday at the MTRP Information Center.

  23. #23
    Beer Please!
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,176
    Did the CDFW person interviewed in this article REALLY compare nature trails and dirt jumps to a Contractor DUMPING construction supplies in a creek?

    I fail to see how those two things are connected in any way shape or form. For Shame.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Did the CDFW person interviewed in this article REALLY compare nature trails and dirt jumps to a Contractor DUMPING construction supplies in a creek?

    I fail to see how those two things are connected in any way shape or form. For Shame.
    Let him know what you think of his analogy, diplomatically:

    Andrew.Hughan@wildlife.ca.gov

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    There is nothing sustainable about the development going on in San Diego. Story of money, pure and simple. If the enviros really had power, things might still be f'ed up, but they would look very different than they do today. Does this really look like an enviro 's paradise to anyone? Major face palm!
    You're right it is all about money and power. But I would say that we are seeing the effects of the environmentalist mafia (and union labor and developers which are mostly behind the development push) in the form of policy making at the federal, state and local levels.

    I expect many more trails to be shutdown in the near future. And they will use all kinds of excuses to justify it (illegal trails building, some spotted toad, a bird, whatever).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What can you tell me about the GT Fury
    By jvale45 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 01:34 PM
  2. Cdfg, err... Cdfw
    By plantguy in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
  3. help fury geo...
    By THEFASTESTWORM in forum GT
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 04:24 AM
  4. Uhh, stay in your lane please.
    By tannerdrummer in forum Arizona
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM
  5. When did the second lane become the slow lane?
    By rockhop in forum Car & Biker
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •