mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Good job! Further Flightline Dumbing Down

Wow thanks for removing the roots before the wooden switchback. I get so tired of the constant technicals that place puts in front of me. If we work together and get a bobcat I am sure we could make the place just like Penesquetos. And the tree sections that will die now and be nice and brown is going to be awesome. By the way when are you going to do some real trail work or is your job just in dumbing down, Can't wait until the whole place is down to your level of riding then I CAN buy my bikes at COSCO. What a cost saving!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by taffy15
    Wow thanks for removing the roots before the wooden switchback. I get so tired of the constant technicals that place puts in front of me. If we work together and get a bobcat I am sure we could make the place just like Penesquetos. And the tree sections that will die now and be nice and brown is going to be awesome. By the way when are you going to do some real trail work or is your job just in dumbing down, Can't wait until the whole place is down to your level of riding then I CAN buy my bikes at COSCO. What a cost saving!!
    I am sorry to hear about the destruction of your trail, but most likely the one who did this will not see your post. So your rant may fall on deaf ears. That being said, it is too bad. The one who did this should learn to ride the trail the way it is. It is called improving your skills.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

we saw that too

We notice that at lunch yesterday.The root looked liked it was removed before we got there. We did see a rider ahead of us but wasn't sure if it was him who hacked away at the root. I'm thinking of installing a 2 x 10 platform in place of the cutout roots. Similar to the one on the Dawson trail. Any other ideas? Taffy, great trail work.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

While I understand

the entire point of this and the other thread, do we really have a right to get upset over trails that exist entirely on private property that none of us actually own? I mean, doesn't he who modified the trail have the same right as he who carved it in the first place since both are technically acts of vandalism?

I look at it kind of like how we would react if a bunch of motorcycle riders decided to make there way onto the trails. do we have a right to biatch about them destroying the trails when none of us are technically have a right to them?

just curious...........and just for the record, I only get to ride there once in a while but I have a blast so kudos to those of you who do put in the effort and I'm certainly not advocating trail sanitizing but trying to find out the answer to the more global question.

Also for the what it's worth, PQ is not nearly as bad as you make it sound if you know where to go out there. While not as extreme, it's also not a parking lot either........

YR
    Last edited by Yeti_Rider; 07-19-2006 at 07:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Keep It Simple

In a perfect world Flightline is a multi use trail for hiking and biking owned by the public. It is noted for challenging technicals and the integration of rocks, streams, trees, gullies,roots and it's overall singletrack nature. Lets not condone some person's effort to remove what the trail is known for. But it is not a perfect world. It is a world that is removing open space as fast as one can imagine. Here in North Sanitization County there are few and no places to mtb in place like Flightline. Gas is very expensive and trips to the mtns or SJT can't be done every day. So don't get hypothetical on the subect. We just don't have anything left. Let's preserve the challenging trails and learn to get better instead of simplify the trails clean everything and then be bored to tears and have to put money in the tank to raise the ante. I apologize, PQ does have one or two interesting parts. Tonight I rode my mothers Escalade thru that section of the trail my unknown friend cleaned up. Boy can't wait for the rest of the tree to turn brown. Thanks for all the hard work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    the entire point of this and the other thread, do we really have a right to get upset over trails that exist entirely on private property that none of us actually own? I mean, doesn't he who modified the trail have the same right as he who carved it in the first place since both are technically acts of vandalism?

I look at it kind of like how we would react if a bunch of motorcycle riders decided to make there way onto the trails. do we have a right to biatch about them destroying the trails when none of us are technically have a right to them?

just curious...........and just for the record, I only get to ride there once in a while but I have a blast so kudos to those of you who do put in the effort and I'm certainly not advocating trail sanitizing but trying to find out the answer to the more global question.

Also for the what it's worth, PQ is not nearly as bad as you make it sound if you know where to go out there. While not as extreme, it's also not a parking lot either........

YR
    Wow...a voice of reason! Let's just ride Flightline and enjoy it while we have it.

mtbcat.
    May 2006

dumbing trails

they have the same right, but leave the technical trails as is, and they can build their own trails. but Im sure they dont have the knowledge or are willing to put in the time to build a trail .it"s much easier for them to dumb the trails that are already in place without having to do the hard work . we appreciate all trail builders, keep up the good work !!! riders have been sighted, the evidence of trail work has begun ,their shovels and saws all gleam in the sun. call to arms defend yourselves, get ready to stand and fight for your trail, judgement day has come around, so be prepared don't run stand your ground.
    Last edited by mtbcat; 07-20-2006 at 06:01 PM.