mtbr member

fullerton loop And Alisio woods conditions??

any one know how fullerton and alisio woods are doing after all the rain???

mtbr member

Doubtful

I doubt Aliso will be open any time soon. You can call 949/923-2200 for updates.

The Santa Anas should be ok this weekend.

I'm such a fox
    Quote Originally Posted by mntbikenbambam
    any one know how fullerton and alisio woods are doing after all the rain???
    The city of Fullerton is asking that users stay off the trail until crews can make repairs. It apparently is poor condition.

http://www.ci.fullerton.ca.us/city_m...ases/rain.html

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by endoMaster
    The city of Fullerton is asking that users stay off the trail until crews can make repairs. It apparently is poor condition.

http://www.ci.fullerton.ca.us/city_m...ases/rain.html
    maybe volunteer some trail work time
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Steamroller

Fullerton Loop

The loop is pretty trashed, Hiltsher Park has even bigger erosion trenches than after the last round of rains. Last Monday the tunnels under Bastanchury were so overwhelmed that the golf course filled up with water untill it ran over the road and the road had to be closed for a while ( thats like 30' deep! ) that whole section of the gold course and trail are very muddy, much of the grass was covered by silt. I would not be surprised if the mudslides along the train tracks and at the high point next to the golf course slid some more. About 5 or 6 new slides covered the equestrian trail along Euclid by Rosecrans and took out the white fence and went out into the street.
    The entire area behind the dam looks almost unrecognisable from the glimpse you get driving Bastanchury. I may go behind the tennis courts tomorrow where there is a good vantage point to see it better. The big hills above Rosecrans are dry enough to ride but have lots of erosion. The good news it when this is dry it will de a different trail for a while. It will be great if the city fixes it some, I just hope they don't fix it too much. Maybe some of us who ride there a lot can get involved in some trail work.
    [SIZE=2]Two Wheeled and Too Big[/SIZE]

My dogs are killin me
    Hiked a good portion of the area over near the golf course on 2/27/05. It's pretty crazy. The course itself looks devastated, half covered in mud. Mudslides by the train tracks under Harbor are still wet. It's going to be at least a couple weeks until things are rideable. There were a lot of people out riding,suprisingly.

I'd stay off for another week or two at least, but the loop is so green and lush right now it looks like a different trail. Grab your Camelbak and walk parts of it. It is beautiful out there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    i rode aliso woods today i did the cholla rock it loop ,cholla had a lot of deep ruts and parts washed away, rock it is eroded away in some parts but beginning is kinda muddy trails are very rideable. mathis is closed totaly screded up