mtbikeaz
    Feb 2004

Friends on the Trail-El Moro last week

One of the reason I love the MTB community is the brother/sistehood of riders wherever I go. I get the chance to ride different area in So Cal. when I'm here on business. (I live in AZ and commute to So Calif- I keep a bike here to ride) Regardless of the bike, style, age, ability, etc, we all have a common passion and love for getting out on the trails and getting our "therapy."

My thanks to a new friend, John on an Ellsworth at El Moro last week that shared his ride and trail insight with me while I was trying to figure out where the hell to go. You know you grab a map and head out and really don't know what to expect and end up with starts and stops just trying to figure out if the map and recommendations are even legit. But getting to ride along with a local to help provide some insight on a tech section or a tough rutted climb is far more valuable than just going out and stumbling and fumbling ( at least for the first ride).

Anyway, I'm always reminded of what a great thing we have when we get to share it with others.

my Thanks to John for sharing a great ride at a great area.

My treat if you head to AZ. John, good luck in Idaho.

You Are What You Is

Az to SoCal?

And I thought MY commute was bad.

Flowrider

Cool-blue Rhythm LCWP and El Morro

P-Funk

That's pretty cool. Yeah a lot easier when someone can show you around.

I too have ridden plenty of trails in El Morro and over the fence (into the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park). Some amazing, awesome singletrack there that is also "closed", but ridden, low on the rader!

I too also moved to Idaho! If you ever get up here, show you some good trails too

Quote Originally Posted by mtbikeaz
    One of the reason I love the MTB community is the brother/sistehood of riders wherever I go. I get the chance to ride different area in So Cal. when I'm here on business. (I live in AZ and commute to So Calif- I keep a bike here to ride) Regardless of the bike, style, age, ability, etc, we all have a common passion and love for getting out on the trails and getting our "therapy."

My thanks to a new friend, John on an Ellsworth at El Moro last week that shared his ride and trail insight with me while I was trying to figure out where the hell to go. You know you grab a map and head out and really don't know what to expect and end up with starts and stops just trying to figure out if the map and recommendations are even legit. But getting to ride along with a local to help provide some insight on a tech section or a tough rutted climb is far more valuable than just going out and stumbling and fumbling ( at least for the first ride).

Anyway, I'm always reminded of what a great thing we have when we get to share it with others.

my Thanks to John for sharing a great ride at a great area.

My treat if you head to AZ. John, good luck in Idaho.

mtbikeaz
    Feb 2004

Commute

Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    And I thought MY commute was bad.
    Well, I used to live in So Calif, and got out to AZ. Its almost easier to hop on the Big Orange Greyhound in the sky than sit in traffic. Beside, I just love AZ and couldn't even think about trying to buy back into the real estate in OC.
    See you on the trails.