mtbr member
    Jul 2006

... and if we just ... Freeride or good dowhill in orange county?

Does any one know where I can find some freeride/dowhill trails in orange county or near orange county?? If not how bout just some really technical stuff??

Glad to Be Alive
    basically on the Internet no Dh or FR trails exist....leave your email address and say you will help dig, carry tools, and maintain trails or no one will give you info
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 07-18-2006 at 01:30 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    yah i didnt think so...will some1 drive me up to mammoth and pay for my ticket

Super Fly
    There are plenty of DH and FR trails in So Cal. All you have to do is open your eyes.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbaddict720
    yah i didnt think so...will some1 drive me up to mammoth and pay for my ticket
    another person that doesn't get the hints
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ok im new to this where should i put that i will help build trails and leave my email adress i thought i already left it in my profile. I have built trails before i love it

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    mtbaddisct720- I dont know why no one just mentions top of the world in laguna, Santa Ana Trails next to the Costa Mesa Bluffs. Those are 2 that i know of in OC. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Mtbaddict720-
    Try and PM some of the guys who ride/post in the socal area/forums.
    Ask to go ride with them.

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by E86
    mtbaddisct720- I dont know why no one just mentions top of the world in laguna,
    Maybe because the Laguna trails are illegal. The only legal "singletract" off Westridge is Stairsteps and maybe soon Corridor!

Check the videos out, this may work for you, not OC but close....Del Cero Park, Palos Verdes http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ead.php?t=2879

Also some fun stuff at Robbers Peak, Santiago Oaks Regional Park.
    Last edited by dstepper; 07-19-2006 at 10:13 AM.

mtbr member

Sure

Santiago Oaks and Irvine park have some drops and fun trails.

mechmann_mtb
    The trails off of Top of the World are closed to bikes now?

Over the Hill
    Telonic's, Direct Dial, Ira's are illegal. Not sure about some of the singletrack that paralles Canyon Acres.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    direct dial has barbed wire and bushes in front of it and telonics im pretty sure is closed as well

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    thanx for the vid i will be sure to check that out stairsteps is an awesome trail but i dont know what corridor is? is that in the building process?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    what does PM mean?

Over the Hill
    thanx for the vid i will be sure to check that out stairsteps is an awesome trail but i dont know what corridor is? is that in the building process?
    Corridor is there just not legal yet...County is considering opening it. Goes from top of Chollia down to Toll Road where it intersects with El Toro.

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    dtepper- Sorry, i did not know that. It has been awhile since i was there. When did that happen? and why? That is a bummer!!!!!! I have been riding in La Canada Flintridge in Pasadena area. There are some crazy trails there. Glad I know now about Laguna and knowing is half the battle

mtbr member
    what does PM mean?
    Private message
    Warrior's Society > WarriorsSociety.org
    Team Sho-Air > Team-shoair.com
    Coolest LBS > Switchbackcylery.com
    Socal Riders Unite > Socaltrailriders.org

Over the Hill
    When did that happen? and why?
    Don't know why, I speculate that they started before mountain biking was popular and were never legal, nobody cared about a couple of AMP Research crazys riding up there back when.

I started riding four years ago and they were off limits then. There again I don't ride them and I don't know anyone that has ever been ticketed for riding them. I do see the county trying to block access to them.

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Well that blows. I have not been there for a real long time, but before I use to ride there all the time. The only time I thought it was illegal was at night. We use to do night rides there. How is whiting ranch? Have you ever ridin there?

Over the Hill
    How is whiting ranch? Have you ever ridin there?
    Whitting....Yes been there, good fun, no freeride.

Go try 5-Oaks, Stairsteps and Laguna Ridge in Aliso and Laguna Wilderness Parks, that should keep you happy for awhile.

Picture is of one section on Stairsteps and yes it is steep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dstepper; 07-22-2006 at 09:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i love stair steps this is the best part forshure i will have to check those others out i havnt riden the other 2

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-29-2006 at 08:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ya u lke that? the shortcuts and sloppy writing is 2 much for u? u think that the way i type on these forums shows in n e way how smart or how well i do in school? u dont no me dont make asumptions and dont call me a product u a$$ hole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    Santiago Oaks and Irvine park have some drops and fun trails.
    Irvine park has a trail with drops O_O ... how big are the drops? if you live in Irvine, it's like a bubble here :-/

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    About 6ft. Nothing big, but they're still fun!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Durtflunkie

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    Just another fine example of the product coming out of today's school system.
    Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

GERONIMO!!!!!!!
    Dec 2007
    you can ride dog park in laguna canyon it drops of the fire road by a yellow fire hydrant and drops you into the dog park on laguna canyon road. also telonics was closed for renovation before a private race but is now open

UNDEAD
    "Dog Park" is closed, has been for while, that's why there is a big sign at the top of it saying KEEP OUT.
    You guys are gunna get this place shut down, respect trail closures.

Like SMT first said......go back to the start of this thread.

Another trail in that same park is on the verge of being closed, hint....
    When you see a sign that says "CLOSED due to trail/habitat restoration" STAY AWAY
    Soon we'll be riding down paved streets since everything else will be closed due to numb-nuts
    I do understand that some of you are "new" at this, but you gotta learn somehow.
    I've seen many a trail closed in the past due to this exact thing....
    Trail poaching is not worth it, you want real downhill/freeride trails move to British Columbia....where people are not lawsuit happy like California.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew4president
    you can ride dog park in laguna canyon it drops of the fire road by a yellow fire hydrant and drops you into the dog park on laguna canyon road. also telonics was closed for renovation before a private race but is now open
    Telonics is illegal too, so was the 'private' race that was on it.

ALL THE TRAILS THAT START IN ALISO AND END ON LAGUNA CANYON ROAD ARE ILLEGAL. EXCEPT STAIR STEPS.

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    As far an Santiago Oaks goes, there is nothing too big. If you huck a few of the sections you can get some pretty good air, but have to search for the good jumps etc. I live here in Orange, and have been looking around for more dirtjump spots, most are run-down, and I have no friends .
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    ...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail...

mtbr member

I'll help ya!.

There is a trail is claremont just about 10 or 15 minutes from cal poly that no one else will tell you about because they think no one really knows about it, but i'll be happy to tell you. Just private message me and i'll give you the shuttle and detailed instructions.
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008

Oakley Factory

Oakley Facrtory on santiago canyon rd in orange is the sickest ever. Its got ladder runs huge dirt jumps, whoops and amazing free riding and trails. any other spots anyone knows about for some mad air?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthemountain82
    no one else will tell you about because they think no one really knows about it, but i'll be happy to tell you.
    It's not that "we" think that "no one really knows about it." It's just that placing info such as directions and stuff (on the internet for everyone to see) are going to jeopardize these already in trouble trails.

Giving directions and info via PM is very cool of you!

I've met two of my really good friends on MTBR because they asked me info and I pm'ed them. The style of riding that I/we do is a very "fight club" sort of thing. It exists but it doesn't also! Get it?

All it takes is a little imagination and a little ingenuity to find out the info you want. 99.9% of the people I encounter riding are very cool and helpful. Ask and you usually will receive! Most DH/FR riders are very helpful (in person) to direct you to cool riding places.

In other words, don't just try to find stuff out by placing threads like this>

Where are the dirt jumps in San Diego?

or

Where can I huck my new FR bike?

Get out and build your own or get on your bike and ride and ask others.
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

Members who have read this thread: 0