Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

FR/DH Buddy in Ventura/ SB/Simi area

685 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Hey....
I'm 16 and my friends don't ride anymore..... which really sucks considering the fact that I do freeride and downhill. I can drive so shuttling will be mutual. If you live in the aforementioned areas and need/ want someone else to ride with (I think it's clear what trails we are talking about), drop me a line.
To put it differently..... PLEASE BE MY FRIEND!!!!! hahahah just kidding.
But seriously, let's ride.

#2 ·
where in the area does one go for f/r d/h ? I am always looking for a good ride, I have a demo 9 that I never ride cause I have no worthy places to ride it! Not that I am a worthy rider of such a bike, but for all the places I do ride, my RM Slayer is more appropriate anyway...

#4 · (Edited)
My response when people ask to "Can I ride your trails w/you"
we ask them the five W's

Here is the 5 "W's"

Will you help us locate, build, and maintain trails and be our "new friend" ? (ie. buy good, quality beer for all of us)

We make all our "new friends" carry all the tools and answer to the "man" when we get caught. Is that going to be a problem?

What about your shuttle vehicle? Do you have one? We need pictures of your shuttle rig.

We need pictures of you riding, your age, what equipment you have, where you live now, where you moved from etc. You know background info and references.

What about camera equipment? Do you have any?

#5 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
My response when people ask to "Can I ride your trails w/you"
we ask them the five W's

Here is the 5 "W's"

Will you help us locate, build, and maintain illegal trails and be our "new friend" ? (ie. buy good, quality beer for all of us)

Another bit of brilliance here from Bob!

This is the same guy who two weeks ago was using this forum to flame the Trailblazers for maintaining a local, LEGAL trail.

Hmmm, got to work on my own list of the 5 W's....

#6 ·
Will you help us locate, build, and maintain illegal trails and be our "new friend" ? (ie. buy good, quality beer for all of us)Can't buy beer, or violate private property

We make all our "new friends" carry all the tools and answer to the "man" when we get caught. Is that going to be a problem?
The man is always a problem

What about your shuttle vehicle? Do you have one? We need pictures of your shuttle rig.
My rig can carry only 2 bikes & 2 people

We need pictures of you riding, your age, what equipment you have, where you live now, where you moved from etc. You know background info and references
No background no references, no pictures of riding, These are really good questions though. I'm 37 been riding about 5 years, not great, not terrible.

What about camera equipment? Do you have any?
I have a digital still camera. that's it. But I would be into playing cameraman sometime.

The man who says he can and the man who says he can't are both right, which one are YOU?" The man who knows he probably shouldn't...

#7 ·
lmnop said:
[

This is the same guy who two weeks ago was using this forum to flame the Trailblazers for maintaining a local, LEGAL trail.

any neanderthal knows if you put dry dusty dirt over potholes, then the dirt will blow away.....that is why the flame....got to build/repair when it is wet is trailwork 101

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.