Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004

Forest Circus, er Service, Reopens Parts of SB Backcountry

W00t! Yesterday, the Forest Service announced that about 1/2 the area of Los Padres National Forest closed by the Zaca Fire has now been reopened. Most of what is still closed will remain that way at least through the rainy season to allow the vegetation to reestablish itself and to give USFS personnel time to evaluate the fire damage.

The official USFS statement about the changes to the Closure Order.

pwn3rator
    i plan on working for them one day. hopefully as a hot shot...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    For me, the USFS personnel that I've worked with and talked to are great people. The institutional side of it that brought us the Adventure Pass, mismanagement of a wildland fire that destroyed 150,000+ more acres than it should have, that server as examples of what bothers me.

Best of luck getting on a hotshot crew. Those guys (and women) are the sh!t.
    Last edited by 2TurnersNotEnough; 10-07-2007 at 11:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Caution: non-partisan political rant

Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    For me, the USFS personnel that I've worked with and talked to are great people. The institutional side of it that brought us the Adventure Pass, mismanagement of a wildland fire that destroyed 150,000+ more acres than it should have, that server as examples of what bothers me.

Best of luck getting on a hotshot crew. Those guys (and women) are the sh!t.
    I agree with you about the people. I think the same is true of the National Park Service, and probably the BLM as well.

I don't want to start a big political fight here, so will make this observation, and if folks disagree, we could take it over to the political forum. All 3 of them kind of have the same problem, and that is Congress and funding, or the lack thereof. Each agency, particularly BLM and USFS, are supposed to bring in some operating revenues. And you've got the folks in congress who either want to privatize everything or base everything just on user fees. So you get things like the Adventure Pass