mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Fontucky format?

Hey So-cal Crew,

Im going to make the trip to Fontana and my wife wanted in on the fun as well. Our question is: We are bringing our little guy and just wonder if there is usally enough time between Expert Men DH and Beginner Women DH to do the "Kid hand off". Its our first time there and didnt know if they usally race 2 runs and is it a push to the top or shuttle? If not, I alreay won the coin toss, so Im racing.

Thanks, MW
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub
    Hey So-cal Crew,

Im going to make the trip to Fontana and my wife wanted in on the fun as well. Our question is: We are bringing our little guy and just wonder if there is usally enough time between Expert Men DH and Beginner Women DH to do the "Kid hand off". Its our first time there and didnt know if they usally race 2 runs and is it a push to the top or shuttle? If not, I alreay won the coin toss, so Im racing.

Thanks, MW
    You should have plenty of time, plus, if you tell Donnie or his crew to put you first run in your class or your wife last run in hers, it will give ya an extra 15-20 minutes I imagine.

Just another FOCer
    You should have plenty of time to make the handoff. The Sport classes are pretty big as are the beginner kids. Beginner DH women go last.

Winter Series is 1 run. You can either take the shuttle or push to the top.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks Guys! Looks like Im loading both bikes, the Misses will be stoked!
    Enjoy every ride!

mechmann_mtb
    not to mention that there are lots of nice people with kids all over the place. you should be fine!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Have the little one do the Shimano kids race. Then you all get a run in. Be aware, EC's little boy rips just like his daddy and you wont see him off that little wooden bike all weekend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike00
    Have the little one do the Shimano kids race. Then you all get a run in. Be aware, EC's little boy rips just like his daddy and you wont see him off that little wooden bike all weekend.
    When do they run it (which day)? My 4 year old rails our pump track, every event we have taken him too he always askes " when he can race" so sounds like it would be fun.
    Enjoy every ride!

Just another FOCer
    Unfortunately it doesn't look there will be a kids race this weekend according to the SRC website.

They were usually on Saturday afternoon after the Super D race. Fun to watch.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    We had a blast, kids had a good time and the kid swap wasnt so bad, just had to con a shuttle driver into taking her up after they were "offically done shuttling" she still had to stand around for a hour or so at the top. Besides the wind it was fun to ride a new venue.
    Thanks for the info!
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Right on, glad you and family your had a good time.Was there Saturday for 4X. Wish I knew you were rolling by on Sunday. Next time drop me a line when you're passing through Thousand Oaks. I'm going up to Lake Nacimento the first week of April. Would like to hit up your track if that's cool.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    Right on, glad you and family your had a good time.Was there Saturday for 4X. Wish I knew you were rolling by on Sunday. Next time drop me a line when you're passing through Thousand Oaks. I'm going up to Lake Nacimento the first week of April. Would like to hit up your track if that's cool.
    I planned on looking you up during 4x but I broke a chain 100' into my first DH practice run and spent the next 2 hours asking everyone in the whole place for a quick link. By the time I got a few runs in and my wife made a pass the kids were pinned and we had to head to Long Beach to stay with family.

Definatly stop by on your way to Nosss and not on the way home because it sucks to ride with a hangover and sunburn
    Enjoy every ride!